PDA

View Full Version : Baron Speed Run

Rastus
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
How fast could a Stratholme Baron run be done with 5 geared 80's?

What classes would be best for this? Tanks and healers aren't needed. Would run-and-gun AoE classes be best?

How would you split the group for the three citadels? What would the best way to agro all the citadel denizens quickly?

Would it be faster to run directly, or try to avoid agro in the streets?

What would the quickest way to kill all the abominations?

If anybody gets webbed by a spider or feared by a gargoyle, it would be a less than perfect run.

At first, execution wouldn't be the key. It would be all about strategy. When the proper strategy is discovered, then you would work out the details to start shaving a GCD off here and there.

Destruyen
04-30-2010, 11:00 PM
right now a geared 80 can clear to baron in 5-10 minutes solo. you would hit the dungeon reset lock (5 resets per hour) very quickly however the downtime isn't that bad. with 5 80's you can split and clear very very quickly, making the downtime after hitting the 5 resets that hour longer. it's just not efficient bringing more players to clear baron, especially while going for mounts (the only reason to really clear to baron).

Paranoid
05-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, with my feral tanking gear on Druid. I can pretty much do full run (meaning killing every single mob in Stratholme).
In about 20-30min, 5(swipe + maul) + AP reduction roar, and if you get a webbed, just /cast !Dire Bear Form (untill you ran out of mana).

Quickest way to kill abominates, well on warlock I used VW to shield myself and aggro everything. Then AoEd them down, on druid its just aggro all and swipe swipe (swipe + maul macro goes far way with glyph that allows maul to hit two targets), then again with DK, it was mostly aggro all etc. I got my Baron mount to DK ~60 runs and in 3.1 patch, DK still has just pre-naxx (naxx ready) gear on tanking.

So if you get good on doing the instance you can just kill the nesserly mobs meaning the three ziggurat bosses. Without stealth, ofc with druid or rogues its rather easy just go around with stealth. Just keep on eye if Naxxramas Eye targets you.

As said, you can solo this quite easily, when you get familiar in this dungeon.

Crommi
05-13-2010, 06:00 AM
From start to finish, prot warrior can do it in just under 6 minutes. Best way to do it seems to be full dps gear with 1h+shield, while making sure you got boots with Tuskarr's Vitality since that occasionally lets you run through the trap before gates close. When you've cleared the large area with abominations, get inside as door opens and fight Ramstein and skeleton guards inside the building so you can proceed directly to Baron without having to wait outside. When you exit, there will be plenty of skeletons waiting but they can be just AoE'ed down along with other mobs they might have aggroed.

Martie
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
It's probably fastest to strip down your gear and let yourself be killed, and then run back to the instance as a ghost, resetting the instance while running.

For casters, be carefull with mass pulling. Those gargoyles sometimes silence you, and with sufficient numbers, they can kill you.

burf
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Extremely fast, every class should be able to clear the place less in 10 minutes. Bring 5 and it shouldn't take more time than it takes to actually run to the Baron.