PDA

View Full Version : 10m Putricide Phase 3

Sparkius
04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
After a number of attempts, the 10 man raid I run with can now push Putricide into his 3rd phase regularly. This is where the problems start. In our two best attempts, we brought a slime with us into the third phase because of timing problems and I think this caused our wipes. This is a technical issue I know we can overcome.

However, I want verification on Mutated Plague. Is the application of this debuff strictly based on the passage of time? We two-heal the fight and have no trouble up to the point both tanks get 5 stacks. Based on his health at the start of phase 3, this means our 6 DPS need to do around 5100 each for the 100 seconds we have until Mutated Plague wipes us. Is this accurate? We use Bloodlust at the start of phase three, and I think we would have had a kill on one attempt without having that slime up.

How do your guilds handle taunts for this debuff? Right now I think our plan is to switch at 2 and 4.

Thanks in advance.

Ironoath
04-26-2010, 07:54 AM
when I do it I get the first stack straight away so my OT taunts 1-1
I then wait til he has 2 and I taunt it back 1-2
He then waits til I have three 3-2
I then wait til he has four 3-4
I then take it up to five 5-4

He would taunt back then but ideally we want him down by the time we both get 5 stacks. No idea if thats otpimal but seems to work when I do it.

Skyru
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
In 10 (and 25) we let the plague stack up to 3 on one tank and then taunt. Taunting every stack makes things a tad harder on the healers because they have to swap as well. Assuming you don't have a slime up you should be able to get Putricide down before the second tank gets to 4 stacks. If not then switch off every stack after 3 and make sure you are blowing all your cd's. At 5 stacks its pretty much a wipe because all of your dps will start dying off. Also once you get past 4... I would recommend focusing on your other tanks health and taunting when they get low and vice versa. If you have to bounce the boss back and forth a bit that is better than him killing one of the tanks, healing and thus wiping the raid.

Managing the transition obvious is a big factor as well. Since once he gets into phase 3 you have a limited amount of time before the stacks build up and wipe the raid, you need to make sure the ooze is down... or just have really good dps to where it doesn't matter.

Also make sure the Abom driver knows that if they spam the slow button while in the transition stun... a lot of times they can get the slow off before the Abom wears off. This is extremely important on the gas cloud since it hitting someone likely means you will wipe.

Quinafoi
04-26-2010, 09:00 AM
The absolute ideal rotation for Mutated Plague is always a leap frog system.

In the case where there are only two tanks, it comes down to this.

Tank1: 1 stack
Tank2: 1 and 2 stacks
Tank1: 2 and 3 stacks
Tank2: 3 and 4 stacks
Tank1: 4 and 5 stacks

You start with one stack and basically leap frog each other. Whenever the tank in front of you in order has a higher stack than you, you taunt. In 25 man with 3 tanks it looks more like this.

Tank1: 1 stack
Tank2: 1 stack
Tank3: 1 and 2 stacks
Tank1: 2 stack
Tank2: 2 and 3 stacks
Tank3: 3 stack
Tank1: 3 and 4 stacks
Tank2: 4 stack
Tank3: 4 and 5 stacks

Note the same rule applies. If the tank prior to you in the taunt order has 1 stack higher than yourself, you taunt.

This is the absolute ideal technique for minimal damage from the stacking debuff. Note that even if you add more and more tanks to the equation, the same rule always applies. If you are tank number 5, you taunt off tank number 4 whenever they have 1 stack higher than yourself.

Quinafoi
04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Also as a general rule of thumb, if you get up to a 5 stack on the debuff, if the boss isn't dead or dying it's likely a wipe because you can't last long under that kind of damage. Ideally you should be killing the boss at a with 4 stacks on your tanks or sooner. If you aren't DPS may be too low or people aren't managing the mechanics (bombs and goo in particular) correctly.

Any add up at the start of phase 3 is pretty much a guarenteed wipe as it will usually take you 2-4 stacks of the debuff just to kill the slime and you've wasted considerable amount of DPS time on the boss. You can't afford those extra stacks of the debuff.

Crick
04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah it sounds like a DPS issue, and having that ooze up seriously caused an issue with lack of DPS. Also is the MT running to the door furthest from his table? This can help maximize DPS by delaying the first debuff by a bit while he's running across the room chasing you.

MellvarTank
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Don't forget that your ranged HAS to avoid the Malleable goo in this phase. That will cause a DPS slump that will also likely wipe the raid.

Quinafoi
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah it sounds like a DPS issue, and having that ooze up seriously caused an issue with lack of DPS. Also is the MT running to the door furthest from his table? This can help maximize DPS by delaying the first debuff by a bit while he's running across the room chasing you.

Better trick is to have rogues, mages, or anyone else that can get out of the phase change incapacitate to go beat on the boss while he chugs a potion (and of course, throw more dots). This usually gives us a couple extra percent on the boss.

Starting position of phase 3 is largely variable depending on if all the puddles are cleared or not. If the room is clear starting by the door is ideal for the reason you mention. If there are any puddles left over that couldn't be cleared up they would become your starting point to optimize your kiting.

Fayre
04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Sort that ooze out. Hold DPS on the boss at 37%, kill a ooze, then push him over before the next experiment.

Then start looking at DPS just in that third phase. Chuck the two debuffs (Choking Gas and Malleable Goo) on your raid frames and start looking at how many people are getting them. If you can fix that for individuals you're looking at a big raid DPS boost.

Tanking-wise, don't over-move the boss. Stand still when you can, it really does help to give people time to nuke.

Blacksen
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
After a number of attempts, the 10 man raid I run with can now push Putricide into his 3rd phase regularly. This is where the problems start. In our two best attempts, we brought a slime with us into the third phase because of timing problems and I think this caused our wipes. This is a technical issue I know we can overcome. Yes, this is going to wipe you. You should always try to err on the side of caution. Aim for getting the boss down to 37.5% and then switch to the next ooze. When the ooze gets really low, switch off the ooze and let DoT's kill it. Also, it's a lot easier to kill the Green Ooze --> transition than orange.

However, I want verification on Mutated Plague. Is the application of this debuff strictly based on the passage of time? We two-heal the fight and have no trouble up to the point both tanks get 5 stacks. Based on his health at the start of phase 3, this means our 6 DPS need to do around 5100 each for the 100 seconds we have until Mutated Plague wipes us. Is this accurate? We use Bloodlust at the start of phase three, and I think we would have had a kill on one attempt without having that slime up. It is strictly based on the passage of time. It hits his target every 10 seconds, and there is no way to avoid it. Not sure about the DPS requirement, but I'm pretty sure around 5 stacks your raid is going to start dying really fast. The 5th stack does 7k per tick. You won't live much longer after that.

You can aim to switch at whatever works for you. We have the first tank go to 2, then the second tank goes to 4, then the first tank goes to 5. There's no point at taunting after 5, as you're dead with another stack on either tank.

The big loss of DPS is getting hit by Malleable Goo or Gas Bombs. Getting hit by either is simply not optional, period.

Nehama
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
My 5 cents, as a person who had the same issuie for a while:

Get a 3rd healer.

I know many say this works best with 2, but our guild having one of the most geared holy pallies on the server and a very skilled and geared holy priest - and they were struggling healing p3. [Maybe couse our OT wasn't too geared]

Anyhow, once we started having 3 healers, add phase was a bit harder and we usually got hit once by the green add [when everyone has to stack up at the green's target] but with 3 healers and a right placement of dps druing the 1st 2 phases[near the middel, so the knock back knocks people far enough for the green to choose a new target and being killed before hitting the 2nd time] we're doing it easy now. Makes P3 really a cake, since tanks can go up to 6 stacks np, even 7 if needed [that's about when you run out of places to run with the slime on floor, even tho we've never passed the 5 stacks per tank]. Also, if you don't do it, save BL for p3, even tho last few attempts we've done it without. [so it is possible...]

CoolNitro
04-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Simple answer: 2 healers good dps clean transition and most important 1 stack of mutated plague per tank and taunt at each stack so they have even numbers every 2 stacks.

longish answer:

3 healers is bad, putri is a fight that in phase 3 the longer the fight lasts the more raid damage there will be, if your dps is lacking and you can't kill him before the raid dies on two healers then you either have a dps problem or a tank taunting problem. At most with 2 healers 5 stacks on each tank can wipe the raid so he has to die either before 5 stacks each or just as you get them.

With 3 healers you can live longer but the fight will also last longer meaning way more raid damage, at 5 stacks each the raid is taking 19000 damage per 3 seconds ish, 6 stacks each is around 24k, 7 stacks each at maybe 30k or more every 3 seconds. No one has any numbers on how much damage 6 or 7 stacks can do per each tank because if you reach that high you will most likely wipe.

It's a simple dps check kill him quick or die painfully.

The numbers I am using for the stacks are from a blog on how to deal with mutated plague it helped us one shot putri once we understood how the plague affected us but it was posted back when the encounter first opened so the numbers may have changed a little.

Stacks: ------ Damage:
1 ------------- 275
2 --------------750
3 --------------2000
4 ------------- 4500
5 --------------9500

So with each tank having 1 stack raid damage is only 550 but if one tank has 2 stacks and the other none raid damage is 750 so it is in your raids best interest to keep both tanks on the same number of stacks and to kill putri before both tanks reach high stacks.

cycloni
04-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Someone correct me if im wrong....but if you taunt after every stack put will be taunt immune before both tank get anywhere close to 5 stacks each.

reek
04-27-2010, 05:31 AM
After reading here the above tatics are not used by ourselves.When p3 hits (Add up=wipe) I take the boss around the side at a slow place (this stops green stuff droping on top of the boss and killing the melee on his behind, also stops them get the -75% to hit from the flasks) I take the boss from 1 stack to 4, other tanks taunts and continues to slow walk around the side once there are at 4, I taunt and hes dead before I get 6.This strat works for us, but we tend to have a melee heavy group so that 75% is a KILLER :(

Quinafoi
04-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Someone correct me if im wrong....but if you taunt after every stack put will be taunt immune before both tank get anywhere close to 5 stacks each.

Yes. This is why the leap frog method is ideal, it minimizes both number of stacks AND number of taunts. Many people simply just say taunt as quickly as possible however this results in significantly more taunts than necessary.

The golden rule.

You taunt when the tank before you in the taunt order has exactly 1 stack higher than yourself.

This will ALWAYS result in the minimal possible damage and will also result in the minimum possible number of taunts to obtain the desired result of minimal damage. You are welcome to try and prove this wrong however mathematically you will never find a solution that results in less damage than this and you will never find a solution that matches it for damage with fewer taunts.

Quinafoi
04-27-2010, 08:10 AM
In the case with 2 tanks, following this method you will have the following results.

Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 1 and 0.
Since tank A is 1 stack higher than tank B, tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are now at 1 and 1.
Since tank B does not have a higher stack than tank A, tank A does not taunt. Tank B takes a second stack. Tanks are now at 1 and 2.
Since tank B is 1 stack higher than tank A, tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are now at 2 and 2.
Since tank A does not have a higher stack than tank B, tank B does not taunt. Tank A takes a second stack. Tanks are now at 3 and 2.
Since tank A is 1 stack higher than tank B, tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are now at 3 and 3.
Since tank B does not have a higher stack than tank A, tank A does not taunt. Tank B takes a second stack. Tanks are now at 3 and 4.
Since tank B is 1 stack higher than tank A, tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are now at 4 and 4.
Since tank A does not have a higher stack than tank B, tank B does not taunt. Tank A takes a second stack. Tanks are now at 5 and 4.

With minimal taunts, 4 in this case, we have reached the end of a fight typically (tanks at around 4 stacks each). And never had any tank more than 1 stack higher than the other meaning damage was minimized.

By comparison, lets look at the "taunt every time" case.

Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 1 and 0 stacks.
Tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are at 1 and 1.
Tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 2 and 1.
Tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are at 2 and 2.
Tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 3 and 2.
Tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are at 3 and 3.
Tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 4 and 3.
Tank B taunts. Tank B takes a stack. Tanks are at 4 and 4.
Tank A taunts. Tank A takes a stack. Tanks are at 5 and 4.

While this method yeilded the exact same result in damage taken by the debuff, it required TWICE as many taunts to do so.

Quinafoi
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Since damage is more than doubled with each consecutive stack, if any tank is ever more than one stack ahead of the other tank(s), you are taking more damage than necessary.

For example, having a 2 stack and a 0 stack on your tanks is more damage than having 1 stack and 1 stack. The only way to minimize damage is to make sure no tank ever has more than 1 stack higher than any other tank. The technique described, always taunt off the tank before you whenever they are exactly one stack higher than yourself, will always yeild the least damage with the fewest number of taunts.

Ryoku
04-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Well actually we tried the leepfrogging strat a couple of times and we always wiped. So we ended up having the tank that tanks the Prof in phases 1 and 2 go to 4 stacks and then the other tank taunts goes to 4 then first tank to 5, 2nd tank to five and if necessary we go to 6.

We 3 heal the fight, (for us its just simple). We try to barely move the boss, only when boms or slime puddles are on the ground. Our mele and ranged had trouble when we moved him too much.

And like everybody else said a clean transition is a key to success, I would even recommend stopping at 38% then kill the add and then push the boss, while moving him to the right of his table. Like this everybody knows in which direction you are going.

We are using 2 pallies as the tanks, so we start using divine sacrifice from 5 stacks on so our healers have an easier transition. Even with 5 stacks on each tank we don't loose people.

Quinafoi
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Your method is perfectly fine if it works for you however bare in mind your raid will take about 30% more damage because of your inefficiency. If you can't minimize the damage correctly it is likely more a problem of the healers not being able to switch targets effectively or the tanks not communicating those switches effectively. Taking less damage should always require less healing, however healing does need be able to handle target switching. You are compensating for an inefficiency in healer and tank switching by healing significantly more raid damage. You are putting significantly more burden on your healers earlier on.

Cartz
04-29-2010, 08:42 AM
IMO, if you can push putricide into P3 with enough time left on the enrage to get both tanks to 5 stacks, you have a DPS problem, even with a slime up.

Taunt strategies have been discussed, so I won't touch on that other than to say our guild does 2-2-4-4 (although we rarely see the second 4, and w/o a slime we sometimes only get the first tank to 3)

I think the big issue with DPS is probably caused by your tanks and your ranged dps.

Tanks need to be watching for choking gas casts. When he is about to cast choking gas, start moving the boss so that melee is already on the move when the pots hit the ground. Get him a safe distance from those pots and then hold him in place until the next cast. Some additional movement may be required if slime puddles grow under him, but that sort of goes without saying. Range needs to be getting the heck out of the way of the goo casts.

The extra damage and debuffs these two abilities put on your raiders is what is killing you. You can't blame the melee for taking a choking gas debuff if the boss is being tanked on top of the pots. -75% hit on one or two of your melee completely gimps your raid dps and it's your tank's fault. This is likely what is causing your long P3.

Quinafoi
04-29-2010, 08:54 AM
The 2-2-4-4 method results in about 6% more raid damage taken than the optimal switching. While not ideal, it is considerably better than 30% more damage.

tawnos
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Will bubble drop the stacks? Are there any other ways to extend the fight? I thought if we could ever get to phase3 with our mix of almost all classses that are horrible at burst damage we'd be ok, but 30k raid dps seems difficult for us when we have to use 3 healers to have a chance of surviving (since our third healer is yet another class thats horrible at burst damage).

Cartz
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
If you drop the stacks in any way he gets the healing effect. Just gotta find a way to get him down in the time allowed.

tawnos
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Is 30k accurate? Our festergut dps was 36k including the tanks so maybe its not as bad as i thought.

Quinafoi
04-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Is 30k accurate? Our festergut dps was 36k including the tanks so maybe its not as bad as i thought.

Comparing this fight to Festergut... because of target switching, movement, gas bombs, and goo, dps will trend towards always being lower on the Putricide fight.

You only need to average about 17,000 DPS on the boss throughout the fight, however, you also have significant amount of time where you aren't actually DPSing the boss and instead DPSing slimes in phase 1 and 2 (and phase transitions).

tawnos
04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Well i mean 30k during phase3 where (unless i'm wrong) you're only damaging the boss. If its 30k dps and 100 seconds before raid damage becomes unmanageable that would mean ~3m hps?

Quinafoi
04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Phase 3 is at 35%, granted you can drop an extra 2-3% if you're really good off that. 35% is 3,416,525 health.

Mr.Winkle
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Wow 30k dps sounds really low for this fight.

Your really really really don't need 3 healers for this fight. The damage in phases 1 and 2 is really low assuming your raid handles the slimes correctly. Phase 3 the damage is only high when you reach >4 stacks, a good way to avoid this happening is using 6 dps and 2 healers.

The posts above where people are talking about hitting 6 stacks are insane. 6 stacks is requires over 30k HPS. Even if you're runnign with three healers your asking them to put out over 10k hps each. If your healers are the phenomenal then your DPS should have no trouble downing PP well before that stage.

I think most groups struggle on this simply because they don't realease how important avoiding the malleable goo and choking gas debuffs is.

tawnos
05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
We finally beat this, but I'm not sure its going to be easily repeatable. We used 2 healers and beat it the second time we tried with two (instead of our usual three) but it was pretty unstable through the first 2 phases. I was in the abom and really struggled with keeping decent dps on the slimes while also getting the slime pools adequately handled. For our first few runs i was doing about 30-35% of the damage on the green slimes and using the time during the orange slimes to try to catch up with the pools. This led to too much slime accumulating on the ground so I had to reduce the amount of time i was damaging green slimes, which meant that we were getting 2 or even 3 slime explosions instead of only 1. I kinda think we only won because were fortunate that several of the green slimes pathed directly by the pools such that i could simultaneously land a few melee shots and suck up slime.

How do other abom drivers handle this? Or do you simply have the kind of 'turn and burn' dps to kill the slimes before a second or third explosion such that you don't have to rely on the abom for damage on the green? No matter what strategy and personnel we tried, our melee were essentially a nonfactor (our melee pretty much always consisted of unholy dks, ret paladins, and sometimes a feral cat). In the end, we just had a ret stay on professor to shorten the amount of time he was in phase1/2 since they weren't doing any real damage to the slimes anyway. Next week we'll have 2 or 3 rets so i don't know how thats going to work out.

Ryoku
05-08-2010, 06:08 AM
We handle phase 1 and 2 the following way:

I tank the boss (starting in the south, I know not at the table).
We have our casters in the middle of the room for the following reasons:
Warlock puts a portal at the south and can when he is targeted by the green one just use it and lengthen the time till it touches him
Mage can either blink or use an iceblock
Hunter: feint death
Shaman is our problem, so he has to stay bewteen melee and the other casters.

As soon as the bubble pops the casters start downing it, the abo driver usually is done with the slime so he can go dps as well.
I will drag the boss towards the slime and by the time i reached the boss it will have chosen its target, the melee will run in and start downing the green or orange one. Due to AOE damage the boss gets quite some damage as well.
With this strat we managed to get the boss and the oozes quite quickly down.

But your Tank healers will have to be on their toes, because the tank moves a lot.

P.s. concerning the 5 stacks in phase 3 our healers can handle it specially with 2 pally tanks each dropping at different time their divine sacrifices helps to mitigate 20% of the damage

Aberen
05-08-2010, 07:18 AM

from the 3.3.0 patch

Taunt Diminishing Returns: We've revised the system for diminishing returns on Taunt so that creatures do not become immune to Taunt until after 5 Taunts have landed. The duration of the Taunt effect will be reduced by 35% instead of 50% for each taunt landed. In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.

There are a lot of methods for the taunt rotaion, but that sounds like the least of your problems. Sounds like you have run into DPS check time, and need to spend some time min/maxing gear, enchants, and talents. We found a lot of extra dps using spreadsheets and getting our gear properly gemmed. Finally as it has been mentioned in a lot of reply's, you gotta to ensure that the team is ready for all the mechanics of this fight.

Good Luck

NewfieDave
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
How do other abom drivers handle this?

I've tanked this fight as both the Abom and the PP tank. If both tanks know how to work together, you can add a considerable amount to your raid's DPS during phases 1 & 2.

Things to know if you're the Abom:

1) You have three abilities. Eat slime (gives you energy), a ranged slow with DoT effect (costs energy), and a melee attack that stacks a sweet debuff on the target (+20% physical damage to the target with a full 5 stack, no energy cost).

2) Your abilities are on separate global cooldowns. This means you can spam 1 and 3 at the same time, and you will eat slime and melee attack simultaneously.

3) The priority order for what the Abom should be doing: slow the ooze as soon as it spawns > eat slime > DPS/apply melee debuff to ooze > DPS/apply melee debuff to boss. If there is a slime puddle active, you MUST be directly on top of it spamming 1. If you are eating slime correctly, you should have some free time to move around before the next set of puddles appear. Only chase oozes or the boss if there are no slime puddles active, and make sure to follow your timers to know when the next set of puddles are spawning.

4) Particularly early in the fight, it is possible to be energy starved and not have enough to cast a slow on the ooze. This usually happens when the first two slime pools appear on top of each other and you eat them too quickly. Just be sure that you always have enough energy to cast a slow before you clear away the last slime puddle.

5) The ooze should always be slowed before it starts moving. It's very obvious when the oozes are forming, and they just sit there for a few seconds before becoming active, giving you ample time to apply the slow. The slow has a decent range, but you may need to move a bit for the orange ooze. Just make sure to get back to your slime puddles quickly if you have to move out of them to apply the slow.

6) The hardest part of your job is going to be when slime puddles form in bad locations. Slime puddles form under random people's feet, so their location can be controlled to a certain extent. To minimize the chance of having two puddles spawn really far apart, make sure your ranged DPS don't spread too far away from the tank and melee. They need to be spread out for Maleable Goo in phase 2, but they shouldn't be way across the room.

If you are the PP tank your job is all about positioning the boss. If you position him well and the Abom plays smart, raid DPS will skyrocket. These are the rules for positioning:

Phase 1
1) The Abom is only free to move when there is no slime to eat, otherwise he must be stationary. If the Abom is eating a puddle, you can position the boss to the side of the puddle like this:
This positioning allows the Abom to spam 1 and 3 simulatenously to both eat the puddle and stack the debuff on PP. You want PP to be as close to the Abom as possible without actually standing in the slime. This is the ideal positioning for the majority of the time you will spend in phases 1 and 2.

2) A few seconds before the green ooze spawns, move the boss to the spawn location. This allows your melee DPS to continue to attack PP while positioning properly to jump on the ooze right away. Once the ooze becomes active, you are free to move PP back to the Abom for more debuff stacking.

3) Ranged DPS should be switching to the orange ooze as soon as it spawns. Melee DPS should NOT be switching to the orange ooze right away. Instead, they must wait until after it has chosen a target, THEN make the switch. If a melee runs up to the orange ooze as it's spawning, and the ooze targets that melee, it's probably going to be a wipe. Because the melee don't transition to the orange ooze until the kiting starts, you don't need to position the boss near the orange ooze. Just try to minimize the time it takes for your melee to transition back to the boss when the ooze dies. This is partly the kiter's responsibility. They should be kiting the ooze toward PP when the ooze's health is low.

4) Be mindful of the phase change at 80%. An ooze up going from phase 1 to phase 2 won't necessarily wipe you, but it will complicate the fight.

Phase 2:

1) The above positioning strategies continue in phase 2. The only differences in this phase are maleable goo and flasks.

2) Goo dodging is not a part of your job, but constantly yelling at the ranged "DON'T EAT THE GOO!" is an essential part of the fight. Make sure they know how to strafe and/or run towards the boss to avoid getting it.

3) Flasks are easy to predict by following your timers. Start moving PP slightly before the flasks drop to minimize the chances of melee getting the debuff. Note that dropping flasks has a cast time, and PP will be unmovable during that time (1.5 seconds if I remember correctly). Avoiding the flasks while still positioning PP near the Abom is the toughest part of your job in this phase. You have a lot of room to work with, so make use of the space you have available.

4) The phase change is at 35%. Same thing as phase 1, except having an ooze up this time probably will wipe you.

Other people have already covered Phase 3 in detail. Know your taunt rotation and who is tanking first. Kite the boss around the edge of the room. This gives you the longest possible kite path, while leaving the middle of the room clear for the ranged to dodge goo. Sometimes you will get an unlucky puddle placement and may need to alter your path, perhaps even running the boss through a small patch of slime to do so. Communicate what you are doing with the raid!