PDA

View Full Version : Tanking How much health should a Pala tank have?

Elbane
04-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Right hello all, I'm a level 80 Paladin tank, I've been playing the game about 3 months, done ICC 10 man up to Rotface (killed Festergut), but still get comments about my low HP. So the reason I'm here is to ask what HP should a Paladin tank have?

At the moment I have full tier 9 tank gear and have never had any real issues in heroics or the raids I've done (not many) and have 33,374 Health. But like I say I still get comments about my Health and have been struggling with raising it.

At the moment I do need to do some rejigging of my kit in paticular changing some defence rating gems for more stamina, but even after this I can see me maybe raching 35k if I'm lucky, so I'm looking for ideas how I can improve shorter term. Longer term will obviously be getting higher level gear and my tier 10, but thats going to take a bit of time and is currently being work on.

I've linked my kit below, so wouldn't mind hearing from other Paladin tanks, whats your health, expreiences etc.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&cn=Elbane

DarkraveR
04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Only thing you can do is replacing enchants and gems for stamina and keep de defcap while doing that. The rest is pretty much getting better gear your health will rise with it there is no quicker option then that. Maybe run some ToC10 and 25 for better gear or upgrade tokens.

Jtree
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
You are way over on defense, so stripping out those def gems and enchants will help. Putting 30 stams in your gloves, bracers, and belt will net 84 stam. Never go for a socket bonus of less than 9 stamina. With that PvP shoulder inscription, you can drop down to 536(iirc) defense and still be uncrittable.

Otherwise, Pug Checker says your average item level is 226, so your HP and stats look to be about right, to my eye at least.

But I'm pretty sure hot pink tabards are -10% to all stats if you're a male. ;)

Davih
04-25-2010, 03:42 AM
change chest enchant to +275 health, gem 30 stam in in bracers, gloves, belt and weapon, glove enchant to +18 stamina (heavy borean armor kit, shield enchant to +18 stam (tbc enchant), level proffesions, 400 blacksmithing gives you an extra 60 stamina, 450 mining gives you 60 stamina

this will increase health by roughly 3338, which is quite a big increase, more health will come with gear upgrades.

Paranoid
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
The simpliest wonders in earth?

Defense: 562
Defence rating: 801

Does some ICC boss actually need that amount of defence or

Critical Hit immunity for a level 80 player against a raid boss occurs at 540 Defense and requires a defense skill of 140 (689+ def rating) from gear to achieve. Feel free to add stamina gems instead of Def gems.

I just feel like everyone is trolling here.