PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Warrior T10 4P and using Bloodrage

Dakkaman
04-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Just about to pickup the helm and be able to use the 4P bonus of T10. Problem is that I am not sure how I should use it.
Do you pop Bloodrage every time its up to help with incoming damage reduction or do you use it as a CD on an as required basis.
Since it works out to be around about a 10k damage absorption (give or take) I would guess that waiting and using it as a CD would be the preferred option.
Experiences and opinions appreciated.

Steakdinner
04-24-2010, 08:58 AM
If you look at what it says on the tooltip for the 4pc thing, it lasts until canceled. So basically either you can click off the buff it gives after popping bloodrage or go get hit for the amount of damage.

Liar
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Nah, it definitely has a duration.

Just pop it before big hits as you would with other CDs.

Dakkaman
04-25-2010, 01:52 AM
I now have T10 4P and have checked the bloodrage proc. It only lasts 10 sec ........ not "until cancelled" as the tooltip suggests. Very misleading tooltip IMO.
Looks like it will be just used when needed as a normal CD.

Mattomeo
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
From my own experience with it, I find it really depend on the fight you are tanking atm.
On a fight like Deathbringer, when you do not take any huge amount of spiky damage I find it best to simply use it every time it is up.
On a fight like Sindragosa where you can know when you going to take a big bad breath I normally save it for that moment.

Dreadski
04-25-2010, 07:14 AM
If you look at what it says on the tooltip for the 4pc thing, it lasts until canceled. So basically either you can click off the buff it gives after popping bloodrage or go get hit for the amount of damage.

Clicking it off has no positive benefit afaik, didn't they patch in a change that made absorbs still grant rage?

Arterius
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I use it whenever there is a phase in a boss fight that could catch our healers off guard.

For example, I'll use it as soon as BQL lands after her air phases. It'll buy the healers an extra second or two while they're repositioning from the fears and spreading out and all that jazz.

I also try to use it whenever there is tank switching(Saurfang, Putricide, etc.)and I'm taunting. That absorb will buy the healers an extra second or two while they change their heal targets.

And obviously it helps a lot for fights where there are big predictable bursts like Sindy's frost breath, although I use FR gear in that fight so I don't have access to the absorb anymore.

Meanmug
05-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I use it at the beginning of a right just for rage generation. And after that I use it as a cooldown, I have it Macroed with Corroded Skeleton Key for a little extra absorption.

Zaitochi
05-05-2010, 11:34 PM
I save it for anything that hits hard such as Sindragosa's Frostbreath, at around 62khp (15% buff from ICC) the 4 pc bonus absorbs about 12k dmg for me, it doubles if a priest bubbles me :)

For a fight like DBS, I like to save my bloodrage for the taunt swaps (you should also save your shield block cooldowns for that as well very useful in reducing damage).

gom
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Juggernaut's Vitality + Nightmare Seed + Last Stand and after that Blood Rage -> Big Absorb

But usally Last Stand is enough for a OH SHIT moment. Stacking these CDs is maybe a bit of an overkill and using them one by one might be better. But just in case....

Snert the Orange
05-11-2010, 03:12 PM
May I ask what are we replacing the Bloodrage glyph with when we get the fourth piece?

Satorri
05-12-2010, 07:11 AM
There aren't many options, depending on what you have you could get the other shout glyph, Barbaric Insults, etc. Minor glyphs aren't particularly impactful ones.

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2010, 10:12 AM
isn't the tclap range one a minor? that'd be a good one to have, I find it helps in aoe situations or if you're like me and trying to get heroic LDW 25 and using premo's kiting strategy, the 2 yards will be huge.

Edgewalker
05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
isn't the tclap range one a minor? that'd be a good one to have, I find it helps in aoe situations or if you're like me and trying to get heroic LDW 25 and using premo's kiting strategy, the 2 yards will be huge.

The kiting strategy seems really overly complex to me, especially with the high damage buffs now.
Had success with it yet?

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
unfortunately no, best attempt is 31% as of yesterday, and since i only raid part time, the strategy really only works when i'm around. We're not failing on the kiting though, people are just dying to ghosts it seems, that and even with 15% we were a little behind on the berserk timer (took too long in phase 1 because we had an extra set or two of adds spawn while we were trying to clean up existing re-animateds). we should get it soon though. Any tips? haha.

I think we need to make sure those aoe frostbolts don't fly out, occasionally they're getting uninterrupted and it's putting excess burden on the healers if a ghost does land, not to mention it slows the melee so they can't kite the ghosts once they get slowed.

ekhie
05-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I think we need to make sure those aoe frostbolts don't fly out, occasionally they're getting uninterrupted and it's putting excess burden on the healers if a ghost does land, not to mention it slows the melee so they can't kite the ghosts once they get slowed.
Bit off-topic but you can't interrupt Frostbolt Volley (which deals damage to the whole raid). You CAN interrupt the direct damage Frostbolt on the tank.

The Chill effect of Frostbolt Volley can be dispelled though, so might be worth assigning at least one Mass Dispell to melee pile in case of unfortunate ghosts... not to mention a dedicated dispeller on the Fanatic kiter should you take that approach.

Kazeyonoma
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
yeah, realized that after posting it, unfortunately we lost our disc priest so unless we force one of our holy's into disc, we're kind of out of luck, (guess we could have a weird holy spec spec'd into faster mass dispel?). Have to give that a try.

I rarely need dispels as the kiter though, occasionally a HoF is all i need and we have the positioning down for that already, but generally i just use intervene to get out of it.

Osamne
05-17-2010, 04:58 AM

Love the Strategy, the Vid was amazing and shows what skill Xav has. But why you donīt use the normal Strat?

tuffmuffin
05-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Love the Strategy, the Vid was amazing and shows what skill Xav has. But why you donīt use the normal Strat?
Kiting is extraordinarily easier for some people.
And if you have bad DPS, kiting is the simplest way to counter it.

Then again we do it in my guild just so the OT has something more exciting to do >.>

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Because it allows for more dps time on the boss so it just makes more sense to me and my guild since the enrage timer is still something we're fighting. Also it gives me something challenging to do =P

Osamne
05-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Also it gives me something challenging to do =P Surley that Strat makeīs the most fun for a Warriortank (CHARGE!!!). But do you have real DPS problems with the 15% Buff and what is with the melee dps at P2? More People on LDW makeīs more Ghost explosions or rather more options for the Ghostīs. I know my Guild couldnīt handle this xD.

Kazeyonoma
05-19-2010, 09:40 AM
wait is there a mechanic about the ghosts i'm not following? they spawn randomly and chase people correct? so as long as melee can move/kite the ghosts, no explosions, no bad things, more dps on the boss is my assumption. I think part of the reason why i'm also kiting is because that means the melee are less "stuck" in 1 place trying to burn down adds and therefore making it easier for them to move around the room if ghosts spawn near them. If i stand there and tank the melee adds with them, and ghosts spawn near us, we have to run, if anyone runs in front of me, they get cleaved by melee adds and die, hence my kiting. I'd love to hear more about this since we're really struggling on this boss.

Osamne
05-19-2010, 03:12 PM
More Player close by LDW increase the Failchance and if anyone Fail a few more Player die. Iam tanking the Adds in P2 outside and didnīt have a Problem with the Ghosts. The Melees have enough Place to avoid them and of course the Range/Healers have more Place to find save Points. If then anyone Fails you didnīt have the rough luck that 5 Players die. The Ghost explode in a 22 yards radius.

What i mean is, if you tanking the mobs outside you have more Place to compensate a "Fail". We killed her two months ago und we have in any Kill at least 3 or more blow upīs.

This are my expierence, if your Guild can handle the Ghost then I wonder how you have the Problems with the Enrage?

Kazeyonoma
05-19-2010, 03:57 PM
we haven't hit the enrage lately actually we've been failing now on phase 2 due to ghosts. my kiting is just to help increase dps time on her, but we might stop kiting if we find it's easier to just have melee stay out 100% during phase 2.

Osamne
05-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Like I said, we kill the Adds in P2. The adds makeīs at the beginning from Icc Hardmodes without a Buff big Trouble, because the Dps from our Melee was to low. But now the Adds drop like flies with the 15% Buff, I have 10-15 Seconds to wait for the next Adds.

I donīt want to razz you but i think that strat will help you, Give it a try.

Kazeyonoma
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
yeah, we can try it, do you just tell the melee to sit out then rather than try to dps the boss and cluster (potential ghost problems?)

Osamne
05-20-2010, 02:59 PM
They follow me to the other Side and wait for the next spawn. How many Meleeīs do you have in your Setup?

Kazeyonoma
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
i think 7 or 8? during phase 1 we park 3 on 1 side with 2 hunters helping, and then 4 on the other side and we combine for adds for phase 2.

Osamne
05-21-2010, 01:08 AM
We have 7 Meleeīs too. One of them is the Enhancer, he stay at Boss in Phase 2 to kick the Frostbolt.

We tanking all adds at LDW in Phase 1, so we can use aoe (Attention! Of course we stop when the mind control comes) to kill the adds and burn the mana shield from her. DKīs with Grip or/and Mageīs with counter help us to get the Caster adds in the near from LDW. So you have more Time for Phase 2.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xoobdqa5fgpaouhu/dashboard/?s=3484&e=3892

A Log from our Wednesday Raid, it wasnīt our best Raid but maybe you can benefit from any Information.

jugggernaut
05-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Is this a useful cooldown to use in terms of overall absorbtion rate? I was thinking of getting a tier chest to replace my cataclysmic chestguard, which i think would be an eh lost but gain in avoidance

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2010, 10:19 AM
if you have the sanctified pieces switching to 4 piece suffers minimal armor loss (if any) and only minor HP losses, some gain in avoidance, and an extra 1 minute cooldown with the absorb (in ICC with around 60k buffed hp, bloodrage becomes a 15k absorb which is significant enough when I need it). You will however feel a steep drop in both defense, and expertise by switching though, so be warned!