PDA

View Full Version : Healing Resto shaman on lich king 10

GORAHON
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey guys,

The guild I am with is currently working on the Lich King encounter with our 10 man group, and up until this point, I've done well, I hold my own, but with this fight I find myself going OOM way too fast. I know it's a long fight, and heal intensive, but I was just wondering if any shaman vets of the encounter had any ideas on things to watch out for as far as mana is concerned on the fight.

I've been flasking mojo, bringing mana pots, and trying to time mana tide for max effectiveness, but I'm still coming up short, going oom around 40-50%

My profile is listed below, feel free to call me out on wrong gear choices/gems/enchants or whatever, just looking for helpful criticism.

cheers!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&cn=Gorahon&gn=Outer+Heaven
-Gor-

Harmacy
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I glanced over your gear and spec, all looks good to me but I'm no expert on resto shams (only healed LK as a Discie Priest).

A log would be helpful right about now, so we could figure out if you're getting Replenishment reliably, what your Water Shield uptime is, etc etc. There are a lot of factors that go into it, but one you should especially watch out for is your Water Shield uptime, make sure that it's pretty high and be sure to refresh it whenever there's a lull in the raid damage.

sifuedition
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Can't help with the Shaman specifics, but I would also look to the logs and overheals. Are the healers coordinating well to not snipe heals and waste mana? Is there a resto druid with hots on targets that you could attempt to not heal? I understand that Chain Heal is smart, but not smart enough to avoid a sniped heal, but if you are tossing heals with LHW or HW or Riptide on a target that already has hots and is not in immediate danger, this may be a place to conserve some mana as well. The reactionary nature of heals leads to every healer tending to try to react to every need. Checking the logs to see if this is a significant issue would be a good idea.