PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Le' old Crab or Onyxia Blood Talisman

Skorppio
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Just picked up the Ony head today and got the trinket. Not sure if i should give up my old Monarch Crab

The ony talisman has an insane amt of defense on it, so i could pretty much re-gem and chant my gear with all stam instead of the defense stuff, but the crab just has so much stam on it, and i do love the activation.

what is the better choice?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&cn=Skorppio

With the ony talisman i could pretty much re-gem/enchant my gear with all stam, not sure if it would make up for the crab though. Just need someone advice thanks.

Dreadski
04-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Ony talisman is garbage. Get defense on chest or shield or cloak if you need more of it.

Tinytankz
04-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Dreador is right the talisman is terribad. I dont know why they put it in (GS breakking?) but, gobs of defense are only good for one thing Block gimmick sets.

MellvarTank
04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Well, I wouldn't say block "gimmick", as Anub 25 hm tanking requires it. But generally the trinket is incredibly situational, and there aren't really any fire bosses anymore that hit hard enough to justify the resist on it.

Dreadski
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Well, I wouldn't say block "gimmick", as Anub 25 hm tanking requires it. But generally the trinket is incredibly situational, and there aren't really any fire bosses anymore that hit hard enough to justify the resist on it.

On the contrary, I would say gimmick, because that's a gimmick role.

MellvarTank
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
I just don't like the negative conotation. ;)

Jakhammer
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Of note: Don't throw the trinket away or vendor it. Hold onto it for Sindragosa. Use the trinket to make up for your lost defense by using Frost Resist gear.

Dragaan
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
No reason to use so much frost resist on sindragosa that you need the ony trinket to stay uncrittable. I'd say it's only for an unhittable set.

Tinytankz
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
It is head and shoulders one of the best avoidance trinkets in the game pre dimishing returns it is nearly 4% avoidance. I will add though if you can get this trinket you have access to better options i will get this for a block set but most likely when i am not in heriocs(i dont think i will ever have to tank 25ToGC again) it will sit in my bags.