PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Just switched to fury, need help with the DPS

SimRex
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Here's my armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&cn=Kerrgen

A couple weeks ago, i got my second Claymore, so I decided to switch to fury, since every other DPS warrior I know says that's where the money is.

So after switching, respeccing, gemming and enchanting the new gear, I find myself barely breaking 4k in raids. I'm putting out between 3 and 3.5k in 5 mans.

Is there anything I could do gear or spec wise to improve that number, or is it all in the rotation?

Any help is appreciated!

thelittlevoices
04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
was that armory supposed to be a joke? im going to assume it is, but ill still give you advice anyways. -youre using the wrong meta gem, should be using 21 agil meta. -10arp/stamina isnt a bad gem if you needed that 10 arp to hit the hardcap, however youre sitting at 647 which is no where near the hardcap, making that gem entirely useless (hardcap is a constant 1399 arp) - if you cant hit the ARP softcap (through the proc of a trinket + gemming) or the ARP hardcap (through gear and gemming) you shouldnt be gemming for ARP at all, youll see more dps increase by gemming straight strength until you get to the point that you can achieve one of the afore mentioned caps -you have tank shoulders on. -no chest enchant, another bad choice of blue gem. -youre enchanting your bracers for expertise when youre already sitting at 35 expertise. you only need 26. -20 crit gems make me gag. -55stamina/22 agility leg patch is for tanking, not dps. you want the 75ap/22 crit patch. -your trinkets are pretty bad, try and get a nobles deck and needle encrusted scorpion. now in regards to rotation, you didnt state what you do, so im going to assume you dont know what youre doing. you should really be using Landsouls spread sheet to figure out the best dps rotation for you, but the general census is WW > BT > Slam > Heroic strike. I personally have HS macrod to BT and spam BT while keeping WW on cooldown and feeding in Slams when i get procs. if youre really wanting to improve your dps, you could also drop mining and get another dps improving profession like blacksmithing/enchanting/leatherworking/alchemy. also you should drop glyph of execute for glyph of cleave. youre also specced for piercing howl, which doesnt benefit dps at all, and you dont have rampage, which is just plan crazy. i had this post nicely spread out with spaces but for some reason the forum is forcing it into a huge paragraph. oh well, i dont care enough to figure out whats wrong.

Tinytankz
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Lets go stat by stat.
Your way way over hit not your fault you are using to of those claymores. drop hit where you can. remember your racial even adds 1% so drop it every where.
you dont have enough armor pen on your gear to make ArP gemming viable regem strength
most fury warriors starve for expertise your OVER by tons (you only need 26 and your good you dont need to worry about the parry cap)

SimRex
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks, Tinytankz.

I just switched over from arms, and some of my gear changed which shot my expertise way up. I'll be trying for the NES in order to drop the expertise trinket, which should help that out. Once I get regemmed, I'll run the meters and see how it helped.

Skyborn
04-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Please get rampage in your talent tree. It's 5% extra crit for 1 point.

SimRex
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I purposely kept rampage out of my spec as we always have a feral druid in our raid. LOTP will always be present.

Skyborn
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
What if he doesn't log in for a raid? What if he dies? On how many fights do you use piercing howl? Even Heroic Fury > Piercing Howl imo.

Edit: Also, what about when you run 10's or heroics? If you really want Piercing How I would just take 1 point out of Commanding Presence and put it into Rampage.