PDA

View Full Version : Healing Gear question

margeauxx
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
First off I love this forum ;)

Now for my question I am a bit puzzled on what I should upgrade next. I got 60 frosties and I am not sure if I should keep on saving till I can get the 264 robe from vendor or if I should go for either: Lunar dust, 264 gloves or 264 belt. Or should I buy my first healing t10 item if so which one? As you can see I'm a bit lost :) Any help on my gear is appreciated.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwhisper&cn=Margeauxx

Marg.

Dreadski
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I'd say chest, then gloves, then Dust.

Quinafoi
04-21-2010, 07:47 AM
If your building your set of healing gear off of your existing shadow gear your priority will likely be on replacing the pure dps stat of hit with either throughput (crit/haste) or efficiency (spirit/mp5). The highest priority item to replace would be the legs because they have the most stat points wasted towards hit rating, however you could potentially just get lucky on those out of VoA.

Of the three you listed, replacing the belt would be the largest single upgrade since you'd be replacing a hit item with a non-hit item of higher level. However set bonuses would be valued higher if multiple pieces were replaced at once.

Are you switching your main spec to healing? Because based on cached information of when you logged out last as shadow from wow-heroes there are still quite a few upgrades for your shadow spec. If you're not switching you should be dedicating all of your Emblems of Frost towards your main spec first.

margeauxx
04-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the help so far. I have some shadow gear that is better/ higher item level so I am using that as a basis really. I will start looking at the belt and replace the leggings with the lower 232 t9 healing set that I also have.

Quinafoi
04-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Are you actually changing your main spec to healing? Because if you're not, there are a lot of other things you should be spending your Emblems of Frost on first for your main spec. Don't waste your highest emblems on buying gear for an off spec before you are done gearing your main spec. Doing so will only hinder your progess.

margeauxx
04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
My main spec will be holy. In that light what would be the best approach on upgrading? The shoulders that I have are for the shadow tier I know but since they dont have hit I think I will keep them for the moment. I already changed my pants to the t9 healer set. So I was thinking on upgrading to the 264 gloves then the 264 belt and then probably to the 264 robe. Or would it be a good investment to get two t10 pieces?

Marg.

Harmacy
04-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Some changes you can make to your current gear:

- Use Darkglow Embroidery, the mana return is worth about 30-35 MP5, which is stronger than a random spellpower proc (unless you have more mana than you know what to do with).

- Use the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond meta, the mana return is worth some ridiculous number of MP5 (I think it's like 80).

- There are pretty cheap crafted boots and belt, level 226 but they're better than what you're using for those slots.

- Get the 245 Triumph healy shoulders. Trading some crit for spirit will help with mana efficiency, which is always an issue with starting Holy Priests.

- There are a healy dagger and a nice offhand in the new 5-mans. I think one of them is in H HoR though, so beware.

- Get the 226 Conquest badge necklace. It's lower level than what you're using, but the haste (and intellect) will serve you well.

Now, for your Frosties.

2-piece T10 is pretty much garbage. 4-piece is fantastic, for both Holy and for raid-healing Discies. (the tier is poorly itemized for Disc tank healing unfortunately)

Gloves are good, but you might get a drop in Vault. Belt is good, but there is one almost as good from 25 man Marrowgar. Trinket is good, but there are nice spellpower trinkets off of 10 man Marrowgar and 25 man Gunship. Tier helm is good, but there is a nice helm off of both 25 Gunship and an easy 10 man boss (either Saurfang or Rotface/Fester, I forget).

The chestpiece is the one thing that isn't so easily replaceable (unless you're going to down 25 man Blood Princes). I would get the spirit/crit 264 chestpiece, personally.

One more thing: your spec looks good, except for the lack of the Guardian Spirit glyph. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this glyph, it really is amazing. Drop Renew for it (Renew is a useful glyph on occasions, but much of the time is useless).

margeauxx
04-22-2010, 06:19 AM
thanks for tips, are really helpfull!!

destinyking
04-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Thanks For Greeat thread