PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fury Gemming Issues lead to argument...

Raethorm
04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I have recently returned to the game and decided to give fury warrior DPS a try for the first time after being a tank since Vanilla. After using a great guide post on this site, I quickly got geared up and was off and running.
However, now that I have 90% of the gear it is time to gem it, and that has caused some unfortunate disagreements with other fury DPS in my guild that I turned to. I have been reading on this for about a few days now and feel I am still not any closer to a resolution; so I turn to you for help.
Here is a link to my toon on the armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thorium+Brotherhood&cn=Raethorm
The issue that is coming up is I am being advised to gem for ArP from guildies/friends, and everything I am reading on is telling me other wise based on my current gear. Also, that I don't need to have 100% ArP, due to sunders and FFF, which lowers my softcap for ArP based on my NES; is this correct? I remember reading somewhere that sunders and FFF do not lower your effective ArP softcap.

I still need the: cloak from PoS, boots from HoR and a ring from HHoR to flush out my gear.( to the best of my knowledge anyway. Suggestions?) I also have a greatness deck for +90 Str that is not currently equipped ATM.

Could you please take a look at my armory and advise which way to gem and why? Cheers.

130g
04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
A quick simulation in rawr (great tool, can recommend it to no end) says that you should gem strength, strength/crit and some expertise. You are not at the ArP sweet spot yet.

Destruyen
04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
put arp gems in your red sockets and blue sockets until you can hit 722 arp rating. that is the exact spot that will give you 100% arp when your nes procs. after you hit that, put str/crit gems in yellow sockets unless that piece of gear has a blue socket, if so gem arp. switch metas to the relentless earthsiege and use a nightmare tear to activate it. put the tear in your chest which will have the highest +str socket bonus in your set right now.

i would put icewalker on your boots so you can drop the str neck you have from conquest badges and get the agi neck from the same vendor. this will boost your arp a tad more and give you more crit while keeping the hit cap of 164. switch your glove enchant to 15 expertise and throw 2 expertise gems in your gear somewhere (red sockets) for the expertise cap of 214.

download landsoul's spreadsheet so once you get more gear you can plug in your gear and mess around with enchants and gems without having to waste a ton of gold regemming all the time.