PDA

View Full Version : Failing on Sindragosa

Herah
04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I would like some advice about Sindragoa 10m regular. My guild has been stuck on her for 2 weeks now, putting in several hours so far. We're having no problems whatsoever with phases 1 and 2 of course, but losing it badly on phase 3.

We tried many attempts with the melee (usually 2 people) running behind every ice block and breaking it out, with ranged standing further back and strafing out of los when they need to clear their debuffs. We are positioning the ice blocks one by her front foot and one by her back foot, with everyone on the stairs.

We are consistently getting to 20% before things fall apart and every person who gets the ice block is killed by it when she applies it, either due to low health or too many debuffs. We tried slowing down on ice blocks so debuffs can clear more often, but then get behind on them and lose people.

We tried just zerging it with heroism and 35% and not breaking any ice blocks and got her to 8% this way, the first time losing our top dps first then the second time losing all 3 healers to ice blocks early.

Honestly I don't know what else to do. We have been banging our heads against this for 2 weeks and it feels like we're not getting anywhere. It seems like we're doing it right, but obviously we have a big problem somewhere. We are not hitting the enrage timer, we usually have about 2 minutes left when she's at 20% and we're all dead.

Suggestions?

Duvon
04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
It seems like a healing problem...
-are the tanks geared? 2 pieces of frostres gear is cheap to come by, and helps a lot with frostbreath in p3.
-are the tanks switching often enough? we generally switch whenever possible, sometimes even if the stack only is at 2-3.
-are the healers coordinating properly? If one gets iceblocked, 1 unchained magic, well... you're in a tough spot, especiall if
-are the DPS behaving properly? as in not letting buffs stack up, or (especially casters) resetting their stack right before they get damage from instability.

Herah
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
The tanks are both very well geared from 25man ICC, but we are not using FR gear. I have frost aura up and mark of the wild and considering changing to resist flask, but haven't put on the FR gear due to conflicting advice about it.

Tanks are switching at about 6 stacks, Tank healing doesn't seem to be the main issue as we don't die first. It's possible that the tank healing is an issue though, and it's drawing too much from the group heals, but the healers haven't voiced this as an issue.

I am not sure about the healers. I know that my main tank healer is not very situationally aware, and doesn't call out when she's going to los. I know both of the raid healers are great healers, but they are not coordinating, I don't hear them speaking up at all.

I'm not sure if dps are doing well overall. I know several of them are doing perfectly, but at the same time we're losing some people. I think the rogue is stacking too high, but he says he's not. We're very unpredictable on these stacks since sometimes we have multiple ice blocks and sometimes we have none, it's not very controlled.

CoolNitro
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
P3 sindra is by far the hardest boss phase to get used to that I have seen so far and that includes LK 10 man normal phases, my guild spent 5 days in one week 5 hours a day on her trying to figger it out.

From the looks of it it seams that your problem is both a raid healing and mystic buffet issue i.e raid dps letting their stacks get so high the healing can't keep up, the only way to solve this is to have everyone ditch their stacks at 6 but keep in mind though that healers can allow their own stacks to get much higher without much risk ( today I had 33 stacks new record for me Binding Heal ftw ) meaning a raid healer can clear his stacks every other tomb and keep some distance so as not to los them self from other raiders, so raid dps 6 stacks, healers anywhere from 6 to 12 stacks to be safe not sure what tanks should switch at but our main tank in FR gear does it at around 12 to 15 the off tank swaps out as soon as the mains stacks are cleared since we need cooldowns to keep him up even for the short time he is tanking.

It helps to fully understand the mechanic of Mystic Buffet as to how to works to understand how to remove it correctly, you only need to avoid one of her aoe pulses to remove the stack since the pulse won't happen again until after the 8 second timer runs out
Mystic Buffet expires after 8 seconds, she refeshes it after 6 so if you get behind an ice block with 6 or less seconds left on the debuff and you los the pulse then it is safe to move out or nuke the tomb as the stack should be cleared before the next pulse, Also sometimes a stub from a broken tomb can be used to los.

Being the main tank healer I found that tank healers can and should los on the ice block nearest the tanks while also keeping los on the tanks it helps a lot.
Above all else choose a tactic and stick with it this goes for positioning we tried many areas within the room and finally ended up standing near the stairs after a week of wiping trying all sorts of tactics and as soon as we settled into the placements we downed her.

Blacksen
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
You won't be able to zerg it down. It's not really an optimal method, and it's incredibly RNG based.

For the iceblocks, it sounds like your ranged dps and healers aren't resetting their stacks properly. If you have 7 or more stacks of Mystic Buffet, the Frost Beacon will kill you. This means that everyone must reset their stacks every 2-3 Iceblocks. In reality, your ranged dps should be trying to reset every iceblock. You must hug the iceblock in order for it to reset your stacks. You should also try getting out of line of sight of her head rather than her body.

marklar
04-22-2010, 04:44 PM
the key to this fight is balancing phase 3 dps between the ice blocks and the dragon. you want just enough dps on the blocks to avoid having 2 people tombed at the same time and everything else on her. phase 3 is NOT a dps race; it's all about surviving. if you hit enrage, do more dps early in the fight.

we had everyone dropping their stacks every other block, with healers alternating so they weren't all trying to clear stacks at the same time.

frost resist is not mandatory, but it sure helps; i'm at about ~570 frost resist for this fight. i lost about 2k hp and a bunch of armor, but it makes tank heals trivial. i can't imagine any conflicting advice about FR gear. even have your raid wear a piece or two if they have it.

tanks just swap as often as they can, don't worry about a set number of stacks.

Shauntyke
04-23-2010, 04:02 AM
We are in a very similar position as original poster, P1 and P2 are really going very smoothly for us, in fact worryingly so, considering how bad P3 is proving to be.

We have tried various combinations with: 1T/3H/ 6DPS*: 2T/2H/6DPS : 2T/2H/6DPS : 2T/3H/5DPS : (and possibly it was a long night 1T/2H/7DPS)

Tanks: Druid (MT) Paladin (OT)
Healers: Resto druid, Holy or Disc Priest and Resto Shaman
DPS: Balance Druid, Feral Druid, Ret Paladin, Mage, and Demonologist Warlock.

To put some perspective on this we are running with FR at a minimum of 280+ on everyone, and MT (me!) @68K HP buffed with 450 to 500+ FR.

The seemingly most successful attempts were single tank attempts*, but that is deceiving, since the end point of that fight is always going to be the same for us at least, tank death.

We seem to have the idea of P3, execution is poor to be honest, but we understand the concept. But my gut feeling is that P3 is taking to long, the longer the fight goes on the more damage taken and leading to more healer stress and it spirals out of control ice tombs everywhere, mistakes and then wipes.

It looks like, for us at least the 2T/3H/5DPS route may be the way forward, but then I am concerned about the DPS requirements. I can’t honest say the dps outgear this, they don’t, we have struggled all the way to this boss on fights where dps is the crux of the problem.

Dont get me wrong, the biggest problem we face is geting the mechanics sorted in P3, not sucking is the soloution, but putting that to one side, a mimumn dps requirement is something we need to think about, expecially if we need to sub players in and out.

Switching FR pieces out for the DPS is something we can look at to improve the damage.

Krays
04-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Why not have the melle dps (since they have the biggest issue with stacks anyway) go to killing ice tombs only in phase 3, and have the ranged nuke the boss only?(read some people do that in 25man, might work for 10man too).

Also that zerg the boss method, isnt strictly speaking a zerg method. What they do is first of all only use two healers, then they all burn down the boss , ignoring most ice tombs, but they will break out and desrtoy an ice tomb if its a healer or more than two blocks anyway.

swelt
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Why not have the melle dps (since they have the biggest issue with stacks anyway) go to killing ice tombs only in phase 3, and have the ranged nuke the boss only?(read some people do that in 25man, might work for 10man too).
This is what we do, and I'm sure is pretty common. The perfect time to kill an ice block is just after a tick of mystic buffet. Boss mods show the timer on this, so carefully controlled dps can achieve it with practice, although it's probably not essential unless you are going for the achievement. To do the achievement (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4580) you need to be really slick on the blocks. Tanks announce when they have reset the debuff, only then are the blocks killed. Everyone gets behind most of the blocks. Although this level of precision and discipline isn't needed for a regular kill, it is the kind of thing you will in time need for the hard mode, so it's worth striving to get that level of control.

Netman0217
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
You won't be able to zerg it down. It's not really an optimal method, and it's incredibly RNG based.

For the iceblocks, it sounds like your ranged dps and healers aren't resetting their stacks properly. If you have 7 or more stacks of Mystic Buffet, the Frost Beacon will kill you. This means that everyone must reset their stacks every 2-3 Iceblocks. In reality, your ranged dps should be trying to reset every iceblock. You must hug the iceblock in order for it to reset your stacks. You should also try getting out of line of sight of her head rather than her body.

We are having a similar problem. I thought you need to LoS the middle of her body as that is the target point of the Buffet. Is that correct?