PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Why so squishy?????

Nightwulff
04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Been getting a complaint from guild healers of being squishy. Not sure what is causing this. Need some advice.

Armory link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&cn=Nightwulff

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Can't check the armory, but I will give you some generic advice that is usually the problem:

Check your armor. Usually less than 30k armor will make hits more noticeable.

How much stam? Less stam means the same damage appears more severe than it actually is to a healer.

Check combat logs, are you actually taking more damage?

Use your cooldowns effectively. Know when a burst is coming and burn that cooldown.

eazo
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM
real quick, in what content are the healers saying you are squishy? In a fight like Festergut, yea you are going to be squishy, your supposed to be. Or are they just saying overall that you generally just feel squishy. Also, what class of healers do you generally run with? (if the fight in question is Festergut, then i would recommend you checking to make sure your CD rotation is right/optimal and use an indestructible potion on the 3rd inhale)

Although a biased point of view, generally this "squishy" problem that healers complain about is there own fault from my experiences. (guild healers don't complain about a single thing, but i have had pug healers complain, but they are pug healers sooo.....)

For the most part your gear choices look fine, I would drop eitrigs oath for the glyph of fortification from the triumph vendor. Your gemming and enchanting looks pretty good, only other thing that i see that might make a difference is to put armor instead of agility on your cloak. I don't have a pally so i can't really comment on your spec!

bluntobject
04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
He is pretty solid on stam and armor.

Maybe swap your dodge trinket out for one that has solid stam or armor on it. Black Heart or Glyph are super easy to get, or if you have a scarab already in the bank. Also look into gettting the crafted pants and boots, they are pretty nice upgrades compared to what you have.

Like Mellvar said cooldowns are going to be important when big damage is comming in. I like to use indestructible potions during a phase where I will be taking big damage. You can also drink one right before the pull, if getting gibbed early on is an issues, and then 2 min into the fight it will be ready again.

Also make sure you are aware of what is going on, you moving out of the fire, not letting mobs hit you from behind, and keeping aggro (don't want healing to be wasted on dps).

Otherwise your gear looks right for the bosses you are tanking. (I assume Rotface and Putricide by looking at your statistics).

Nightwulff
04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Have 41,929 base HP and 30,445 base armor.

The other tank that I run with has similar stats to me but doesn't get the squishy complaints.

I am typically the tank that makes the initial pulls so I use my cooldowns to avoid that initial burst of damage to give healers time get into position and then watch boss timers for their hard hitting attacks.

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
If you aren't running it already, the corroded skeleton key and Glyph of indomitability should be your trinkets unless you have the unidentifiable organ. (For physical fights which are pretty much all of them up to sindragosa.)

Pillars of Might are BiS until 25/25 hm gear.

Cataclysmic chestguard = win

Frost Emblem cloak = win (until 25 HM)

Are you running the PvP enchant to shoulders? (30 stam 15 resil)

18 stam to shield?

275 health to chest?

Armor to cloak/gloves?

EH gearing is the way to go in ICC, Dodge is too much RNG to rely on.

Nightwulff
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Have the patterns for both the boots and pants so guess it is time to grind for primordial saronite. Will pick up glyph trinket and make a couple changes to chants. Thanks for the help. If there is anything else, please let me know.

Rune
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I dont see much issues with gear.......main things are switch the avoidance trinket for a stam or armor one the badge armour one is prob the most readily available. Also use the armour enchant on the cloak and if you have no threat issues and you are being labelled squishy then you should go for the blood draining enchant as its the only real EH one (mongoos/agi will give a little but not their main focus).