PDA

View Full Version : 10m Professor Putricide Problems

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Hey Everyone. Quick Story:

Guild has been successfully downing (1-shotting) Everything up to Professor every week for 3 weeks but we can't seem to be getting any closer to downing Professor. We raid 3 nights a week and down 6 bosses in 1 night and when we get to professor we spend the next 2 days (6 hours) wiping constantly. The closest we have gotten is around ~50%.

We are Set up now with:

Warrior Tank -> Professor
Druid Tank -> Abom

Ret Pally
Rogue

Mage
Hunter
Ele Shaman

Disc Priest/Shadow Priest
Disc/Holy Priest
Resto Shaman

We are tanking Professor on the Orange Side first. I am healing on my alt Resto Shaman currently so I am not fully aware if everyone is Constantly switching to Green Ooze Right away. But It dies just before it reaches us or after we get knocked back 1 time.

Switch sides to green and the Orange Gas cloud spawns and we kite it through the raid and then we kill and push into Phase 2. Phase 2 happens and we are back on the Orange side but somehow all hell breaks loose and people aren't stack on Green Ooze target or Professor throws slime on top of the green ooze target so everyone stacked there takes constant dmg from the slime.

Haven't made it to Phase 3 yet as for 4 weeks of getting to Professor.

Should we continue to keep trying Professor? Or will we have better luck with the Blood Prince Council and Blood Queen Encounters?

Thanks for the the help and your time.

Mammoth
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
We actually got the Blood Princes down long before even Rotface so sure, give them a shot.

We just recently started getting Putricide down with a similar set up. We decided to go with 2 healers; the extra dps really helps keep the damage down. We set up near where the green ooze spawns; once it's up all dps switches to it (I control the abom and I've found I can usually dps the adds between pools). We may eat an explosion but it's easily healed through. When the Gas Cloud forms only ranged attacks it. As long as your abom is quick to slow the adds as they form and all dps switches immediately (It's worth it to assign someone to watch if people are slow to switch) you should get to phase 3 without too many issues.

Setting up by the green ooze really cut down on the running around and increased our dps on both the adds and Putricide.

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 07:54 AM
We tried to stack on the green side a few times, but some reason the green ooze would target our melee dps instead of a range or healer? Or does it always have a chance? If not is there a max range where people need to be at so the green ooze picks a ranged target

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I would say stay set up on the green ooze side. That way only ranged/healers need to move away from the orange ooze. You can essentially tank Putricide in 2 positions as well, one close to the vat, the other closer to the door. This will give you two spots to move to so you can avoid the choking gas bombs that he drops. Only move Putricide when necessary. If the Abom is on top of it, they can also help to DPS Putricide and the oozes. I ran the abom and would help push Putricide into different phases to ensure that no new experiments would spawn. Also: Malleable goo, don't get hit by it ever. You can side step it, run towards him, whatever. Phase 3: Kiting speed makes or breaks this phase, as a hunter will be severely handicapped if you can't move him at the appropriate speed. Moving him too fast will have you run out of clean floor. This is something you have to kinda figure out for yourself.

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
So tanking Professor where the green ooze spawns is a legit way to tank him? That way the melee is on top of the ooze immediately. The range stacking near the door until the slime is sprayed then moving but still staying in range of the green ooze?

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Nah, ranged in the middle, then move to the outside (green side) for the orange ooze spawn.

The basic idea (truth) to the fight is that you are GOING to get hit by the green ooze. If everyone is stacked, you'll take less damage. Whereas if you get hit by the orange, you wipe the raid.

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Is there a way to set up the Raid that the GREEN ooze always targets a range target? Or is it random?

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Random. Won't happen. Just accept the fact that you will get hit.

MellvarTank
04-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Here is where we tank him.

CoolNitro
04-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I find the main problem with this fight is people not understanding that dpsing putri while the oozes are up can be a raid wiper, we normally say stop all dps on putri before the ooze spawns and have all ranged line up for their max range and ready to target and shoot as soon as the ooze spawns you get a good 5 or 6 seconds of dps before the ooze even starts moving, Phase 1 & 2 are not a dps race on the boss oozes have highest priority.

As for stacking on the green oozes target at first we tried stacking early which led to the same problem you are having with the pools landing underneath everyone so it's best to wait till the last moment before grouping up. Another way to look at it is if you all group up early you lose those first few seconds of dps before it starts moving.

Also if you have a melee heavy raid then staying on the green side is a valid option but the ooze will nearly always explode once so you will need strong raid healing.

oraculum
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Do everything but Putri/Sindragosa/LK Harde modes first.

We were able to 1 shot all of ICC 10man hard modes in one week (with the exception of a wipe on Marrow/Deathwhisper).... Putricide and Sindragosa on the other hand are a huge pain.

The biggest wiper we've found was people not killing the slimes as soon as they spawn and not stacking for the explosions when they do reach their target.

The thing I've found that made killing green slimes easier was to have the entire raid stack together so that an explosion pushes the entire raid in the same direction. When everyone is spread around the slime, everyone gets blown in a different direction and usually you don't have people stacking for a second.

In general, Red slimes are easy. Green are the only challenge... as well as making sure your plague targets are passing their plague in a timely fashion and not stacking with the raid during green spawns. Good luck... and have fun... it's a great fight!

Edit: Just noticed you asked about normal modes... Still my above post still applies.
Do all the non-end wing bosses first... then do Blood Queen, Putricide and then Sindragosa (for a raid that has spatial issues, Sindragosa is harder).