PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Unholy DK Help

Carterhova
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Linking my Armory Link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arthas&cn=Carterhova

Trying to figure out these things below:

1. Unholy DPS spec : 0-17-54 the correct way to go or should i alter it more for max dps?

2. Pulling only around 7k in 10ms and 8k in 25ms (Saurfang Fight) Been seeing a lot of other DK's pulling more and not sure if its my rotation:

AoD.....HoW...IT...PS....BS...SS....BS...HoW...DC. ..SS...SS...DC...SS....IT...PS...etc

3. Frost Badge Loot. What to upgrade next? Go for T10 4 piece bonus or...?

4. Can't seem to get a replacement trinket to drop to replace Mirror of Truth..Ideas?

Thanks for you help and time.

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Not trolling. Actually curious on other opinions. If you see something wrong please tell me.

bling581
04-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Drop some hit and expertise since they are over the cap. Drop your Icewalker on boots for the attack power enchant. I don't know why you have your Nightmare Tear in your helm since the bonus is only +8 crit. You could've put it in your boots for at least +6 strength bonus. Also why do you have a blue gem that's agi/stam in the red socket on your shoulders? You're wearing tank shoulders which don't help your dps aside from the strength. If you're going to take Frost as your sub spec then you need to drop Reaping. A Reaping build is used with Unholy/Blood. You should also have 5/5 Necrosis.

For Unholy the T10 4pc is very good so I would go for that first. An upgrade for Mirror of Truth would be the Needle Encrusted Scorpion from heroic Forge of Souls. For a couple thousand gold you can buy the Darkmoon Card Greatness also.

Carterhova
04-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Okay. So def drop reaping and get 5/5 in necro. That still means i will be 2 points short. Any ideas for that? I have the t10 dps shoulders i don't know why the armory is showing my tanking shoulders.

bling581
04-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Do you mean you have 2 additional points? You should also have 2/2 Dirge which I forgot to mention in my previous post. If you enjoy the Reaping rotation you can keep it but it means using Blood instead of Frost as your sub spec. The Elitist Jerks Unholy thread is a bit vague in the guide itself as to when exactly you should use each spec variation. Blood sub spec without Reaping is for lower gear levels. For someone with 2pc T10 you can either go Frost sub spec without Reaping, or Blood with Reaping. I would read some of the posts over there for more detailed information but if you have a proc weapon like Bryntroll or Shadowmourne Frost should boost the number of procs from the added haste. Icy Talons also affects stat weights since the benefit of haste increases.

Imriela
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm not a DK, I don't play a DK, and I honestly don't know much about DKs, so I can't really help you in a direct manner. However, I'd like to try to help indirectly. I found this and gave it to my guild's main DK and he said it helped him a lot. So I'll pass it on here as well.

http://ensidia.com/forum_topic.php?forum_id=36&topic_id=30191

There is also a nice compendium here on TankSpot you may want to take a look through as well

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?43016-Death-Knight-Raid-DPS-Compendium-(FR-BL-UH)