View Full Version : Warrior Fury warriors welcome!
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Iím a fury warrior and my dps is about 6.5k here is my wow armory.
According to Landís spreadsheet I should be doing higher dps. What am I missing? I see some warriors having talents in Tactical Mastery, are they switching to arms for rend? Why else would fury warriors use Tactical Mastery for?
How much Armor Pen = 100%?
I appreciate your time.
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
1) you're below hit cap, and you're using an awful awful trinket to try to get to that hit cap. try to find better gear with hit on it rather than use that trinket. it's bad
2) you're below expertise cap by a lot. you have 11 expertise... out of 26. that means you have only 2.75% dodge reduction, out of 6.5 so 3.75% of the time your attacks are just flat out doing 0 damage because the boss is dodging your attacks.
3) you're using double bryntrolls. Bryntroll is a pretty terrible offhand weapon because it contains almost no stats, and it also doesn't proc very often since most of your special attacks only use your MH as the calculated weapon damage/swing/hit
4) armor pen cap is 1400 arp, you can just easily check this by looking at your character sheet, highlighting over your hit chance, and seeing it say XX = YY%, divide it and see that 13.99999 ArP rating = 1% ArP, * 100 = approximately 1400 ArP.
What is your rotation currently?
04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to help me.
1) At what hit do I want to be at? I read somewhere I should be at 148. I know my trinkets are awful; I haven’t been able to win any on my runs. I do have (Needle-Encrusted Scorpion) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50198 Is that better than my (Mark of Supremacy or Darkmoon Card: Greatness)?
2) Any suggestions on what items I should get to increase my expertise?
3) Instead of using two Bryntrolls should I use Quel’Delar, Ferocity of the Scorned for my off had http://www.wowhead.com/item=50049 I use that sword for pve.
4) WW – BT –Slam (when free)- Heroic strike I use my fingers to scroll between WW-BT-Slam when my rage is about 50 I use heroic strike with my mouse
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
well, actually, i forgot you're alliance for a second (horde doesn't have that luxury sadly)
the melee hit cap is 263 or 8%. You're actually at 250, which is below it, but if you always have a Draenei in your party, you can go as long as 7% which is...230.3 So you're actually good assuming you have a draenei all the time. The # you're quoting is for fury because they have 3/3 Precision which lowers the 8% number to 5% which is 164.5 but with draenei 131.6. Eh... your DMC:G and Mark are probably your best bets for now, but ideally you probably want to get more hit from other pieces of gear. It's good that you nabbed the 4 set because they are your BiS, but you need to look for slots like belt/bracers/cloak/neck/boots to make up for your hit. (i just realized you were asking for fury advice, but your armory shows you as Arms right now, ha!) In that case, I think you can probbably drop your Mark of Supremacy and use the NES assuming you can make up for the slight loss in hit by re-enchanting your boots to +12hit/+12 crit which'll put you at 133 hit (yay! gain crit and an awesome ArPen proc and all you have to do is lose 33 ap!) The only problem I see with this is that you're already at over 77% arP and the proc will do less to boost your dps than if you were just at the soft cap (54% i believe). But crit > hit for dps regardless so the NES should provide more DPS from that alone.
Well, the tier10 legs actually have expertise I think, but you already have the other ones so it's a bit hard to say. Grabbing a Ramaladni's Blade from Saurfang 10 man has a ton of expertise on it. Another option for you is to grab the Cloak of Nerubian Silk I think it's called, it has both +hit and +expertise, you'll lose the ArP, but gaining hit and expertise there means you can eventually drop your mark of supremacy as well as bring up your expertise.
The Quel'Dellar does have really nice stats on it, no real wasted ones, but the dps difference might be a problem. I'd venture to say that it's safe to use the Quel'Dellar as your offhand, but you might want to DL Landsoul's Spreadsheet (google landsoul and you'll get a link rightaway to the ElitistJerk forums where you can dl the spreadsheet) and plug yourself in there, then try swapping the Bryntroll for the Quel and see which one gives you a higher DPS. It's gonna be pretty close (dps vs. stats)
Sounds like your rotation is pretty sound, just make sure that you never use heroic strike too much that you end up having to wait to hit a ww/bt because those should fire off as soon as they come off of cooldown.
Your best bet is to DL the spreadsheet from landsoul, and plug yourself in, and make small gear changes that are available to you and see where your DPS numbers change.
Here's a warrior from my guild, he's got almost perfect stats in that his hit is just at cap, his expertise is capped, and he's at 100% arp. Ignore his pvp trinket he normally uses http://www.wowhead.com/item=50342
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
the majority has already been said, but i wanted to add that its been proven by elitist jerks that dragonball Z hair lowers DPS.
but seriously, just wanted to touch on something Kazeyonoma said about swapping offhand to mainhand to see if there will be a dps gain. ill save you the trouble. it wont be. a weapon with a proc will proc far less in your offhand than your main hand. not to mention the 112 top end damage difference, youll only notice a significant dps loss putting bryn in your offhand.
04-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys for your help. After playing with Landsouls spreadsheet I realize the Bryntroll are a huge mistake for me. I have increased my dps and I understand more of what I need. Thanks!
Can any of you explain to me why warriors have points in to tactical mastery? Are they using rend? Or they are using it for Shattering throw? Or both?
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
It is the best place to put points to allow you to get down into deep wounds. and some fury warriors are stance dancing to keep rend up, though i dont because it only grants a minuscule dps increase and relies heavily on having the gear to allow you to build a full rage bar when stance dancing quickly.