PDA

View Full Version : Single tanking LK10 normal?

Masterkiller
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
I've heard a lot of people talk about doing it but I've searched and googled and I'm not finding any info on it. Everything seems pretty doable except managing the Necrotic Plague in phase 1. Anyone have any good reads on it?

MellvarTank
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't try it. I can single tank the LK himself (eat soul reapers), but you would need someone else tanking the adds.

gacktt
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
It's really easy to do it on normal when you're decently geared, we kill the raging spirits in p2 before arthas charges at us, and we only have one wounded raging spirit in p3 that dies very shortly afterwards(with 2 tank 5 dps).

I wouldn't recommend it though, p1 adds are no threat at all but holding em all + lk can be annoying as a warrior. Also if you 2 tank, you can completely ignore vile spirits in p3 by tank soaking, and that saves you more time overall than 1 tanking with the extra dps.

Zyrzix
04-23-2010, 06:42 AM
I personally have solo tanked this fight by accident, OT DCed during the introduction (comp shut down) and its very doable as a prot pally, all the AoE pretty much keeps the adds on you. However, I do not suggest a tank that isnt comfortable Solo Tanking fights to do so, and as state, Soaking the Viles is a very beautiful thing to be able to do with your OT.

I probly will get a lot of nerd rage saying pallys are OP but the fact is, all tanks could do this if played correctly. (not saying all tanks dont play theirs correctly, just meaning CDs, so on and so forth)

:P Hope this helped