PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Where should I be raiding?

Budder
04-18-2010, 09:00 AM
I've come to the point where Heroics and emblems of triumphs don't help me with better gear. I'm in a grey area since I don't know if I am too low GS for ICC or if I have adequate gear. (Unfortunately everyone looks at GS so I have to compare myself to it rather then skill)

Where should I begin? Am I far enough along to attempt ICC? And if so, which fights should I start studying up on?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok%27Nathal&cn=Krimlin

My GS is almost 4800.
Thanks for any advice or comments

Salubrious
04-18-2010, 09:52 AM
If you have some money to burn, the crafted chest and bracers are always good (and if you have alot of money, the crafted legs too).

the shield from normal HoR is an upgrade, as well as a few other heroic upgrades.

if people still arn't inviting you, get in some totc raids and upgrade that way.

Budder
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
should i just focus on Totc then?

Metasynaptic
04-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Pugs tend to expect the creme de la creme of gear for ICC, but your gear alone is definately good enough for TotC. You could get some raiding action in VoA with your gear too.

Strictly speaking, your gear would probably be ok for ICC10 if you find a competant and patient team, but that will be a task in itself.

Budder
04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
thanks I appreciate the guidance. Good to have an idea of where I should be headed.

Firistar
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
TotC is a good bet, as well I feel that Ony is a great choice as well. The head gives a valuble 245 trinket that for avoidence in ICC is huge. Admitingly it will drop your health, but for ToC and Ony you have enough health to get by the avoidence will help you if your heals are not so great. As well there's an upgrade for your neck and ring in Ony 10 (and of course 25) that would be worth looking at picking up. Bracers and sheild from ToC (first and last boss) and if you can get a TotC 25 a trinket poss. better (depending playstyle) than the ony head trinket.

The Belt I forgot where I had my old one drop for me... I have the frost token one now. and the cape I think is a great buy for only 50 tokens it's almost a BiS

oh and I found that the ToC 10 sword from Anub' while it's not much better I liked the armor over the parry it gave me, but it's basically a lateral move, you'll want to kill him for the sheild anyways though!

Terra
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
If I was pugging ICC 10, I'd give you a chance, but I'm known for being lenient w/ PuGs. TOC 25 should be a slam dunk though and incur less people flinging their epeen around and criticizng you.

Budder
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Awesome

kaydubbleu
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
You are definetely geared enough TOC10/25 so try to get as much gear from there as possible.. VOA, EoE and Onyxia would be good to be running as well, there are some upgrades for you in those..

Take a look at some other prot builds, i think you are missing some important points from some talents (you have imp bloodrage instead of gag order/imp shield wall?) and have made some interesting decisions like putting points in imp rend instead of HS.. Check those glyphs too..

I dont think trinket is best use of frost emblems first but whats done is done get cloak/gloves/belt next.. 25k armor is not enough..

Replace defense gem, you are over 540 well and truly and should be gemming for EH (Sta)

Get Socket bracer on those and whack a STA gem in there.. and get Jormungar reinforcements for legs..

Getting into an ICC pug with < 5k GS will be hard as people put too much emphasis on this number, but you may get lucky.. Get upgrades from TOC10/25 and frost emblem items for bonus armor and you will be in without a question..

Make sure you know TOC fights before going in!

Urugri | Thaurissan (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Thaurissan&cn=Urugri&group=1)