PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Question about engineering

Salubrious
04-18-2010, 08:07 AM
I recently changed my warrior from a farming alt to my main character, and as such dropped herbing and picked up engineering. I obviously applied the armor glove enchant, but I was wondering the effectiveness of the cloak enchant (23 agi) and the head enchant (45 stam).

would loosing the def off helm enchant be worth gaining 8 stam?

and I know the 23 agi doesn't come very close to the armor enchant, but I want to play with my new toys and didn't know if I could justify it.

Martie
04-18-2010, 11:07 AM
The helm and cloak enchant aren't really worth it.

Aggathon
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Imo the helm enchant vs the defense enchant isn't really going to matter. I ran progression fights for over a month without a helm enchant before someone pointed it out to me (oops). You can use it if you want, but it doesn't matter either way.

You really can't justify the 23 agi enchant over the 225 armor enchant though.

Jtree
04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
IYou really can't justify the 23 agi enchant over the 225 armor enchant though.

You can if you like to jump off of high places a lot. ;)

Kurtosis
04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks I've been wondering about the 23agi vs 225armor enchants too. I guess I'll have to get a DPS cloak and put the Agi enchant on that for when I'm running around the world doing dailies or whatnot.

Martie
04-19-2010, 10:20 PM
If you run the numbers on them, they come pretty close to being equal - you either get a small amount of physical damage reduction or a small amount of dodge&threat.
But sadly, current content favors armor over avoidance when it comes to damage reduction. Going for the engineering cloak enchant won't make or break your character, the effect of them is too small, but the armor enchant should get you farther, since the parachute has no real tanking value (as opposed to the rocket boots.)

Dreadski
04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
You can if you like to jump off of high places a lot. ;)

Would be great for Archimonde, no? Rofl. I remember when the tank got air bursted, I jumped out of my skin. Although once 3.0 hit and we got Warbringer, it wasn't such a bad thing, in fact was hilarious you could get blasted that high and then chargebomb to safety.

Kurtosis
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
in fact was hilarious you could get blasted that high and then chargebomb to safety.
I got to use that for the first time recently on my new prot War, doing the Razorscale weekly raid. Totally fun, awesome ability!

The Hoof
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I love chargebombing folks who try and flee Lumbermill in AB by running off the edge.

Glove enchant is definately worth doing, but the others aren't worth it from a tank perspective IMO. If you PvP, the cloak enchant would definately be worth it in a few places.

Kurtosis
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
I can't wait for Reforging in Cataclysm, we'll be able to change the cloak enchant from Agi to Stam, and the Nitro Boosts from Crit to Stam, among other things.

Metasynaptic
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Umm. does it allow you to change enchant stats? or the innate stats of the item?

Petninja
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
It won't change enchants afaik, and I believe they already said you couldn't change primary stat. They won't let mages turn stam into Int, and tanks from Str to Stam.

@ Agg
Your statement that you can't pick the agi over the armor enchant is invalidated by your statement that your head enchant doesn't really matter. 45stam > 225 armor, pretty much however you look at it. If the choice is no helm enchant and take the armor back vs helm enchant and agi back helm enchant will win every time :P.

In other news, on my pvp set I've put the rocket on my gloves for a little extra ranged burst. It's helped me finish off a decent number of fleeing players already. Perhaps one would prefer the haste rating, I enjoy being Mega Man.

Salubrious
04-23-2010, 05:21 AM
I farmed and crafted Pillars of might, and therefore lost the extra def I could have sacrificed to stick the stam/Mind control on my helm.

Plus the dish looks stupid.

I never pvp but I'm tempted to get a pvp set, for the pure reason of playing with all this cool engineering stuff