PDA

View Full Version : Lady Deathwhisper Adds and Warrior Tank in ICC 25

Dakkaman
04-17-2010, 08:13 PM
My first time in ICC25 and had a little difficulty picking up the adds on Deathwhisper. I had the left side and mistimed bloodrage before picking up the first lot of adds and had zero rage to TC, etc. I was then playing catchup trying to round up the adds. We got through Ok ..... but I want to tidy things up in my head for the next time there.
What would be the preferred strat ?
Charge the middle one, move slightly left or right and TC to pick up the second .... then Taunt or Heroic throw the third ?
Any ideas would be appreciated please.

gacktt
04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Just position slightly up or down and taunt the opposite add instantly, you will thunderclap all 3 and easily aoe tank them onward.

Duvon
04-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Start on either left or right one (close door or close the lift).
Shieldslam
charge the other side melee, devastate/revenge, walk to the caster, thunderclap shockwave all 3 of them.
The caster does not need emmediate tanking.

Intercept boss, sunder, start walking to the right one's spawnplace at about 5 sec before DBM warns spawn, repeat from top.

Make sure you're the one who gets to pull the boss, since the ~5k shadowbolt will enable you to have rage to spare even with a lost BLoodrage on first add.

Fayre
04-18-2010, 05:11 PM
The key thing is that the caster (middle add on the left) doesn't actually need tanking. I usually heroic throw one of the melee and taunt the other while the DPS is instructed to kill the caster. It dies fairly fast and can be interrupted, so you have plenty of time then on the other two adds.

Bodasafa
04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I tank the left side on 25 as a warrior.

I position my self on the left (closest to the door) and thunderclap as soon as the add runs out of the hole. I then select the far one with my mouse via a right click, taunt and then heroic throw. Tab back to the one I thunderclaped, shield slam. By this time the far add is next to me, shockwave them both and their mine. Positioning is important since they cleave. I have my back to the door during all of this. You do not need to tank the middle one.

MellvarTank
04-19-2010, 08:46 AM
I start inbetween the middle and right (closest to LDW), heroic throw the one on the right, thunderclap the other two, shockwave all three, thunderclap, then tab-dev/ss through them until they are dead. Burn your bloodrage right before they spawn if you have little to no rage. Healers don't like getting mowed down.

Quinafoi
04-19-2010, 08:55 AM
You do not need to tank the middle one.

^ This.
Quoted for emphasis.

The adherant is a caster, its going to do about the same damage to any target it attacks whether it is a DPS or a tank. You aren't going out of your way to gear for resistence. Focus solely on tanking the fanatics and assign melee DPS to the adherants.

Also, make sure you have a clear kill order for the fanatics. For example if you know the ranged will be focusing on the one closest to the stage where the boss is, you likely want to start at the further one to get some token threat on that before taunting and using your high threat abilities on the first kill target, or, you stand at the main kill target and just use one of your ranged abilities like taunt and heroic throw to grab the off target. Whichever method you are comfortable with. If you have an stronger AoE tank than yourself (in skill or class), you may want to have them on the left side with the two fanatics while you tank the right side with one (this is also an option).

Duvon
04-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Wait a min, are people wasting Heroic Throw for grabbing initial aggro?
Save it for when you gotta kite, and a caster overaggros.

Mačl
04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Duvon, tanking on the left side as a warrior you will need to use any trick in the book in order to get the two melee adds.
If you are not quick about it(and really quick about it at range) they will head straight into your healer camp. Their cleave is nasty.
You also need to position them within a second or you will have dead melee at your hand.
It's a proper nightmare, so I also blow my heroic throw.

I remember when I first tanked there. My raid already had 10+ LDW kills on its belt. I had previously only tanked in 10 man. One of the adds rushed through the healer camp and managed to axe a tree. While it wasn't a wipe, it wasn't pretty. After the raid I grabbed three raid members and had them behave like the adds and I practiced and practiced and practiced. The best way to do it is IMHO with heroic throw. You only need threat over the healers. If I wouldn't do it with HT, I'd grab the add closest to LDW, walk a bit and zip to the other one. I found that I had to walk a little bit towards it because it was just out of range. Positioning yourself between them, HTing one and taunting the other is safest due to range considerations. I also put Vig on one of my nastiest melee, so I can taunt more often.

This is a fight were you need to get experience ASAP. It's harder to three-tank this one than two-tanking in 10 man.

gacktt
04-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Left side is a lot harder than right for a warrior. Our first h-25 kill was with me on the left, and it took me a lot more time/effort to get those 2 melees tanked as one of them always heads off course to hit a healer, the other 3 tanks have a far easier time on that side.

Ask the raid leader to put you to the right, it's a snoozefest for any tank.

Duvon
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I have described how I as a warrior tank do the left side. It works, at least for normal 10/25man modes.
Maybe the adds hit so hard you can't take one in the back in heroic, or they run a lot faster, but I've only ever had problems with healers getting cleaved when they were almost standing on the spawn-places. There are a lot of space in the room, so they can stand elsewhere.
The range consideration is of no matter, if you do as with the blobs on rotface (shieldslam before the mob goes active).

IgnusFatus
04-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Something that always worked for me tanking the double melee side was to be waiting ourside the spawn of 1 melee, getting a shield slam off then charging to the other melee add and picking him up. You can then grab the ranged with taunt (if you even want to) and stack em all up for tclap/shockwave. The important thing is to get a quick start on them. The sooner you can hit the first add, the sooner you can get over to the second. Assuming your healers aren't up on the sides with you, you shouldn't have a problem getting them before they get hit. Hope that helps.

swelt
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
WOW is a team game, right? While there are plenty of ways you can do this on your own with practice, there's no reason you shouldn't get help. We generally assign 1 hunter to each side. It'll be their job to distracting shot + kite any mutated guys. When fresh adds spawn, no reason they can't misdirect one to you to help with initial threat. Similarly, if you have rogues they should be helping you out with tricks.

Dakkaman
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I suppose I just wasn't prepared for the mobs being spread out the way the are for 25's. In 10 man we had both tanks on the same side to ensure adds were picked up and nuked down. In my new guild they do 25's the same as 10's ... ie a tank on each side .... so I should get plenty of practice.
Cheers

Wookiss
04-26-2010, 01:08 AM
What i usualy do is 5sec before adds i go to the pointy wall between middle and right add spawning point. If i don't have rage i pop Bloodrage. Now when adds spawn i wait for middle and right add to runa bit closer and use my Thunder Clap which will get initial aggro on both of them. After i charge on the left add, saving my taunt or heroic throw for emergency. Just use demo shout, shockwave to keep adds on You, and if u need use ur Challenging Shout.