PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Dodgeable Boss Attacks?

UltraShort
04-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Hello :) I recently got back into WoW and managed to get my gnome tank into Northrend. Now I have 2 healer 80's and know the instances from that perspective.

But, my question is that, while tanking a Norm, Utgarde Keep I noticed I somehow dodged Ingvar's 'Dark Smash' attack totally. And have no idea how I did it. Maybe I got behind him at the right time, or maybe I jumped right before it hit. But I wanted to know how the hell I did it and can repeat to help save my healers the headache.

And it also made me wonder what other bosses had dodgeable attacks, ie the last boss in Azjul Nerub and his 'Pound' attack, and how to do them on a consistant basis. Or should I just be saving Shield Wall untill right before the big attacks?

Yes, I have Deadly Boss Mods.

Thanks for any help in advance. :D

Strit
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Dark Smash and Pound isn't dodgable per technical term, atleast as far as I know. They are avoidable attacks, where you just stand behind boss when he starts casting. Both your examples have cast bars so should be easily visible for you. :)

UltraShort
04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Yea, Sorry about that. I didn't mean Dodge as in the Stat. Avoidable is probably the correct term.

Strit
04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Simply get out of the way when the cast starts. Boss can't move or turn while he casts those big hitters, so it's quite easy. :)