PDA

View Full Version : Druid Gear Question

Gangrenegene
04-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Are these http://www.wowhead.com/item=50799 worth breaking the 4 piece T9 (all 232) bonus to equip or should I hold off?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&cn=Bearskinrug

Quinafoi
04-16-2010, 07:40 AM
I really can't figure out the context to advise you in. If you're talking tanking, you could get more effective health out of the new gloves however down the road it would be replaced by your tier 10 gloves because gloves is one of the four slots a tank uses set pieces in. If your talking DPS it may net you a small gain currently, particularly on mobs that die fast as the rip bonus only really matters on a longer fight. On a longer fight however the set bonus may yield slightly higher damage from more crit.

It's very difficult to figure out what your priorities are because your gear is all over the place. You're half gemmed and enchanted for DPS and half gemmed and enchanted for tanking.

Gangrenegene
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I really can't figure out the context to advise you in. If you're talking tanking, you could get more effective health out of the new gloves however down the road it would be replaced by your tier 10 gloves because gloves is one of the four slots a tank uses set pieces in. If your talking DPS it may net you a small gain currently, particularly on mobs that die fast as the rip bonus only really matters on a longer fight. On a longer fight however the set bonus may yield slightly higher damage from more crit.

It's very difficult to figure out what your priorities are because your gear is all over the place. You're half gemmed and enchanted for DPS and half gemmed and enchanted for tanking.

Tanking. The hit gems are artifacts of when I hit 80 a couple weeks ago. My hit was low enough that I was concerned about generating threat. Since that's no longer a concern, I probably should swap out those gems with straight stamina or agility/stamina. I am planning on starting to acquire a T10 set, now that I've started hitting ICC regularly with this char, barring a lucky VoA run, I suspect shoulders will be my first piece, so I should get some longevity from them. Thanks for your response; any other insight you feel like sharing would be appreciated.

Harmacy
04-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Have you looked into the new Idol? My understanding is that on stationary fights, it provides more agility with a significantly higher uptime. I don't play a Druid, this is secondhand information, but I think you should look into it before you rush a decision.

Quinafoi
04-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Idol would only come after you already have four pieces of tier 10. Having the set is higher priority for a tank. However this particular discusion is around the gloves.

I'd say hold onto them, use them for DPS and use your tier piece for tanking when you get the tier 10 if that is your primary role.