PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Paladin Threat Issues

Dinadan_MD
04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please bear with me if this has been brought up too many times. I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find much useful information on my problem, so hopefully somebody can clear some stuff up.

I've been tanking on my Paladin since the beginning of Ulduar. I've done really well with all the content thus far, being the highest TPS tank in our guild. Even through what we've cleared in ICC threat was not an issue. In full survival/mitigation gear I was still pushing 11k TPS (around 10k with vigilance from my warrior counterpart) and not having any problems holding threat. After the recent 3.3.3 patch my threat has been drastically cut, and I'm struggling to push 9k tps WITHOUT vigilance.

I can go ahead and cut some of the problems out of the pictures. It's not my rotation, I'm doing things exactly as I always have. It's not latency/lag issues. It's not my hit or expertise, in fact I was pushing more threat with less hit and expertise earlier in ICC.

I'm really concerned with the fact that my threat has been so drastically reduced. Our other Prot Paladin has been noticing the same issues as well. As soon as I can I'll post some logs in case that will help.

Thanks for any advice you may have :)

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&cn=Dinadan (http://www.tankspot.com/Armory%20link:%20http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&cn=Dinadan)

Harmacy
04-16-2010, 03:50 AM
You have the proper Crusade spec, you say you're following 96969 properly, your gear is fine (a few questionable enchants, but that's not a big issue)... I don't know what to tell you.

Could it be your raid makeup? There are several raid buffs that affect your threat - Blessing of Might/Battle Shout, Mark of the Wild, Rampage/Leader of the Pack, Curse of Elements/whatever the Boomie and UH DK versions are (+13% magic damage). If someone who provides one of those buffs left and was not replaced, that could have a noticeable impact on your threat generation.

Sungal
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I too have been experiencing threat issues that was non exsistant prior to patch 3.3.3 I have to chase down bosses cause they turn to attack players while having no one in close proximity to my TPS. This is really weird.

Exiledknight
07-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Nothing happened with that patch that should be causing threat issues, so it was not the patch. I can not really look at gear or spec, the link is wrong, and when doing a manual search there is no dinadan on trollbane. In addition to buffs a few other things, are you still getting your ToT and MDs? You do not realize it but especially with intial threat on the pull how much those give you the buffer. I noticed no problems with the patch and am still pushing 13k tps according to omen sitting in the 120-138 range on hit and hovering arond 26 exp when I am glyphed for it. Logs and a correct armory link are what we really do need here.