PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Parting with Quel'Serrar?

Biehler
04-14-2010, 12:26 PM
We downed LK 10 man normal mode last week and are "progressing" on Sindragosa in 25 man normal mode, thus opening up a big pool of different weapons and I'm thinking and thinking and still don't want to part ways with my Burnished Quel'serrar.

What would or did you change your's for?

I personaly value the procc very high, thus considering the weapon stil a BiS for survivability or EH equips - it's uptime is like... 70% or so, last time I checked the logs.

For a bid more tps I switch to Bonebreaker's Scepter from Marrowgar 10 man normal mode, but who needs Threat? Maybe our DPS are bad, but I can hold Saurfang in full Avoid-Gear (with about 20 Hitrating an 6 Expertise) with my 5-11-55 Progress-oriented build. On nearly every other fight, second in Threat Meter sits at about 75% Threat after about... 1 to 2 minutes of fighting - sometimes the first Seconds are tough of course.

LK 10 man normal mode's Troggbane would be a more survival oriented weapon then Marrowgar's Scepter or Putricides Facelifter of the 10 man normal modes but it wouldn't beat Quel'serrar unless acquired in hc-mode, I guess. Even if we might down LK 25 man normale mode (what I would call... improbable) Mithrios would again have Expertise.

I saw the Thread about Putricide 25 man mode's Last Word and the overall opinion appeared more like "meh :/, go away creepy weapon!" - but I didn't read all posts, I have to admit.

So, anyone with an idea of how to upgrade from Quel'Serrar? I'd take all of the other weapons, just because I take all items I can get to increase my Item Pool - never know when you could need this and that - but I don't see myself holding a different weapon in our coming progress fights - Our healers need every free moment for lazy DPS so possibly not even on our "farm content" fights.

Greetings, a vicious gnome

Disclaimer: I apologise if I chose a wrong sub-forum - I could'nt decide between Halp and Gear - and for possibly bad english - no native though. It's hard to start a good post after more then a year of silent reading and finaly registering :D

(Edit: stupid capitalized nouns, shoo shooo!)

gacktt
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Replace it with heroic 10man weapons.

proudmoore
04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Heroic Ardent Guard (I think you Alliance call it Crusader's Glory) is a good bet. No idea if you've cleared 10-man Grand Crusader, but if you've cleared ICC-10 man at least, you should be more than capable of it. Less armour than QS (with averaged uptime), but much more stamina. Also fast, which I believe Warriors like?

I don't think there's really an alternative to AG until you can defeat 10-man hardmode Lich King (or maybe Putricide) for survival. The Icecrown weapons are better for threat (I use the Bloodvenom Blade for that, myself), but as you say, it's not really needed. Hardmode Troggbane is about the same effective health, I believe.

Biehler
04-15-2010, 06:48 AM
We did clear 10 man heroic Trial 3 times, before ICC came out but no drop luck - couldn't get Twin Valkyrs Ring either :/

Maybe I can motivate some of our raid to turn our 45 attempts-clear into 50 attempts and get my finger's on the weapon - well it's been some time. Need to check some of my math though, but I take your advice into consideration :)

Passive
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
45 attempts is enough for heroic Crusader's Glory. Infact, any kill of Anub on 10 hc is enough for it. The weapon from the tribute chest is "Honor of the Fallen" with defense/dodge/parry and no armor.

Muffin Man
04-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Ardent Guard is a great sword. It's got a socket too, which makes it 'measure out' higher than an ilvl 245 weapon normally would.

Also, since bonus armor seems to be in, it's worth nothing that it's got quite a bit on it (almost as much as the frost cloak's bonus armor which everyone goes gaga over).

Edit: also 1.5 speed is surprisingly hard to find (even Troggbane is 1.6...)

Biehler
04-17-2010, 06:15 AM
It's the drop from Anub's belly, I know - but I need to motivate my raidpartners to enter totgc once more and a lot of whining will be necessary - they're quite demotivated from our 25-man-trys back in the days and my trumpcart will be an attempt on 50-trys.

Bodasafa
04-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Heroic Crusaders Glory is the best weapon for EH in the entire expansion. Sad cause its only ilvl 245, since people are obsessed with such things. I had several people ask me "no luck with ICC drops eh?" ..... no I passed on them, I'm using the best weapon possible till Heroic ICC or LK.

robbon
04-19-2010, 05:25 AM
im still hunting this baby down as well..

i managed to get our guild to go back and run 10man ToGC for the achievements - now we have tribute to mad skill its a bit harder to convince them to go and so far i have westfall sabre but no crusaders glory...still trying to go back again..

i would be happy enough with facelifter or troggbane but imo heroic crusaders glory is still up there.

Mačl
04-19-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm currently organizing pugged Ony25 runs with me as the only tank. I've never seen Quel'serrar drop.
I want one! I guess I would stick with it until I get the tanking weapon from the LK/10.

Dragaan
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd replace it with any 258-284 weapon or the heroic crusader's glory from togc10.

Jaspar
05-20-2010, 08:12 AM
I've also been using Burnished Quel'Serrar. My guild is 10/12 ICC10 normal. I just picked up Facelifter from Putricide last night. What's the general opinion on Facelifter vs BQS?