PDA

View Full Version : Tanking What to buy with first Frost emblems?

thebda
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
I've heard it's between the belt and cape for the first purchase. I have about 65 emblems so far. Here is the link.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&cn=Thebda

Galarungi
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Cloak all the way. My purchase order was as follows:

Cloak
Cataclysmic Chest
Belt
Legs (that I replaced with a 264 drop off marrowgar 6 days later ><)
After that, I'm a little shaky myself on the order, but I would go with those 3 first before getting into Tier stuff =)

MellvarTank
04-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Usually this decision will depend on what gear you have access to, and what stats you require. I can't check your armory, but going off of what I know if you have a 245 cloak and a 232 belt the belt is by far the biggest upgrade. It would also depend on what content you are raiding/have access to.

Galarungi
04-14-2010, 11:13 AM
219 cloak and 226 belt

Theotherone
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
My order on my DK tank was cloak, belt, trinket.

Galarungi
04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I still haven't bought that trinket. The "on use" for it is absolutely worthless imho. The +228 Stamina seems very nice, but with the current 10% buff in ICC, I'm sitting at roughly 57k health without it. Seems a little redundant to stack more stamina when I'm already that high.

Anyone - Doesn't this seem like it would be better suited for PvP? That 6400 absorption seems like it would be awesome for PvP, but when bosses hit for between 10-20k in icc (roughly, I don't care about nitty gritty details), does absorbing 6400 damage off one swing every couple of minutes really matter? Just seems like a horrible proc for PvE stuff, but what do I know lol

Theotherone
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I still haven't bought that trinket. The "on use" for it is absolutely worthless imho. The +228 Stamina seems very nice, but with the current 10% buff in ICC, I'm sitting at roughly 57k health without it. Seems a little redundant to stack more stamina when I'm already that high.

Anyone - Doesn't this seem like it would be better suited for PvP? That 6400 absorption seems like it would be awesome for PvP, but when bosses hit for between 10-20k in icc (roughly, I don't care about nitty gritty details), does absorbing 6400 damage off one swing every couple of minutes really matter? Just seems like a horrible proc for PvE stuff, but what do I know lol

I like the health on it and I will use the proc - it may not be the greatest, but on ,say, a third inhale I'm looking to buy my healer any time I can get him/her. Vamp Blood, IBF, Skeleton Key and Indomitability. I'm raid buffed at about 54K with it, but anything I can do to buy some time I will; plus it's what I have.

thebda
04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
So cloak, I'm guessing for the bonus armor?

thebda
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm starting to raid ICC this weekend, do cloaks drop less than other tanking gear that I could buy with emblems?

Martie
04-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I consider the extra armor gear to be BiS for 264, and many of them to be better then 277 nonbonus armor pieces.