PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Need palley tank help!!!!

srgjames
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
hey guys so ive been trying to figure this out for a bit now and see it in many diff places and have gotten bitched at alot. DO i really have a hit rateing as a pally tank or an spell power hit rateing.
Also it seems as if itd be a spell power rateing not a hit one if needed based on :
Judgements of wisdom,light is a holy damage
Advenger's sheild is holy damage
Sheild of righetious is holy damage
hammer of righetious is holy damage
exorcism is holy damage
correct me if im wronge but hit rateing would only affect your white damge swings and would not affect any of the above attacks at all.

So according to the above would we truly need any rateing really for hiting stuff.

jere
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
melee hit affects Judgements, Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous, melee swings, SoV 5 stack damage. Spell hit affects taunts, consecration, holy shield, and Exorcism.

It doesn't matter if they are holy damage though. Holy damage can still be on the physical hit table. Don't worry so much about spell hit unless you are aiming to cap our taunt for some reason. Focus on melee hit (8% against raid bosses, 6% in heroics).

xenogriff
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
the other thing that you'll have to remember - hit rating has been merged so one rating affects both melee and spells unless specifically stated otherwise (which is rare) - this makes the question a little redundant.

unless i'm not understanding the question properly anyways.

if you are referring to whether you actually need to gem/enchant spellpower to tank, the answer will be no, that has been changed since we got the "talent touched by the light" which converts part of our str rating into spellpower

jere
04-14-2010, 03:15 AM
The difference is that things affected by melee hit cap at 8% while things affected by spell hit cap at 17%. Also, though they are one stat on gear/buffs, they actually are two separate effects. Both melee hit and spell hit scale differently with the same amount of "hit rating"