PDA

View Full Version : Tanking DK Tank Trinket Question

roguekittiekat
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
So one of the tanks in my guild is trying to convince all the dps that he needs Deathbringer's Will as a tank trinket because the added strength from one of the abilities would increase his parry.

Now my understanding is that DK do gain parry from strength but with the diminishing returns plus ICC's need for EH over avoidance, I think that he is being retarded.

What's the community's opinion on this? I have been wrong before and not afraid to admit when I am but I would hate to see good dps lose this trinket to an idiot.

He is Blood if that matters.

Theotherone
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
IMHO, the only way a tank gets this trinket is if the choice is Tank or DE.

MellvarTank
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, pretty blatantly a DPS trinket. Tell him to get a Darkmoon Card Greatness (strength version) if he wants to up his strength.

Aggathon
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I think that he is being retarded.

Ya gurl, he mad dum.

Seriously though, he sounds like a loot whore to me if he actually thinks he deserves that over DPS.

uglie
04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
tell him he'll be doing WoW a great service by just uninstalling WoW right now and forgetting that he ever tried to play. He's giving DK's a bad name. I'm willing to bet that he's not even specced right and that he dies a lot.

roguekittiekat
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
So yeah its pretty obvious that it is a trinket for dps.

Lets say for instance all the dps had it, would it be viable as a tanking trinket. His reasoning is that he gets a parry boost and that is what makes it a good trinket for him.

MellvarTank
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
No. He'd still be better off with a tanking trinket. But he'll likely ninja it for his DPS set.

Lerius
04-13-2010, 03:14 PM
It sounds to me like he wants to roll on that trinket for some dps gear but justifies it with the spec he is running in. If he just wants it to tank then he should be the last person to get it. That trinket was not even close to being designed for tanks and should therefore be given to dps as priority. If he doesnt cooperate then he is being inconsiderate and immature. Imagine a fury warrior rolling above a tank for an armor trinket saying it gives him AP with his talents. It's completely retarded. Dont raid with him...

PatrikL
04-14-2010, 04:49 AM
You've probably read this enough times already but: No, just plain no way he should get it before all the dps have it. I don't even think he believes it to be a good idea, probably only wants it for his dps set.

roguekittiekat
04-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Yeah I had pretty much decided that as well. Sadly, I have to run with this guy at least twice a week and he is in a tanking spot ahead of me as well. I guess it pays to be an officer. At least I know I have my facts right.

uglie
04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
My question is why is he in a tanking spot ahead of you if he doesn't know how to gear correctly? sounds like someone that is in charge of the guild is playing favorites.