PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior

Tavallone
04-13-2010, 05:11 AM
I was looking at some higher geared warriors and noticed some very different talent builds then mine here is 1.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Misha&cn=Arta&gn=Ne+Plus+Ultra
and mine
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Misha&cn=Tavallone&gn=Dark+Side+of+the+Moon

Should I change or am I on the rite path?

Starálfur
04-13-2010, 05:22 AM
arms tree - ditch iron will, has almost 0 use against raid bosses
anger management not a good talent either as you'll rarely be rage starved, 1 rage per 3 sec won't be noticed.

i'd throw those 4 points in improved disciplines and improved revenge if you're sticking with the deep wounds spec (basic high threat/damage build). also you'll have to switch 3/3 focused rage to 3/3 improved heroic strike to be able to advance in that tree.

another option would be going to some variant of the 5/15/53 build that takes advantage of improved shouts instead of the higher damage talents

Dreadski
04-13-2010, 05:24 AM
No point in running imp cleave if you aren't glyphing it.

Hvitserk
04-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Personally i like the deep wounds build My Warrior has a 5200Gs and well I can hold agro single target better then tanks with a much higher GS partly due to rotation. If you are going to go down the fury tree picking up imp demo shout is a purely defensive build but the Deep Wound build is most common

woodyman
04-13-2010, 05:37 AM
deep wounds and improved revenge In my opinion you can poke out some good numbers and hold threat because of it

Dreadski
04-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Personally i like the deep wounds build My Warrior has a 5200Gs and well I can hold agro single target better then tanks with a much higher GS partly due to rotation. If you are going to go down the fury tree picking up imp demo shout is a purely defensive build but the Deep Wound build is most common

That makes sense since GS means absolutely nothing.

Aggathon
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
^ That, and actually a lot of good pieces have lower ivalue, for example: H-Band of the Twin Valks (ivalue 245) vs. Jugernaut's Band or w/e that trash drop 264 right is.

It doesn't diminish the point though, the deep wounds build is pretty bamf. I'd suggest looking at either the spec options in my guide or my armory (click my sig, and the guide is obviously the link below my sig). If you have more specific questions post and I'll be glad to answer, or send me a PM, whichever.