PDA

View Full Version : 5 man heroic block gear

Heigan
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
So i farm heroic 5mans. I've done TOGC25, tanked adds on anub, i got the block gear. I'm wondering, if its a good idea to use the block set on the heroics? I don't need the hp. I pull literally 1/3 of each instance at a time, would it be worth it for the damage reduction, plus threat output through damage shield etc.? Also is there a good spec for heroics + block gear?

Tinytankz
04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Specs for block set? BT build for soloing stuff for gold
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LZGxc0xVu0hoZVItrx0bVbc:d0M

IDK man if you can get to block cap(gemming dodge and agility) thats 104% i believe with dodge parry def miss and block %'s you will block everytime you are hit. makes it so melle heavy bosses are a joke. try it out

Muffin Man
04-13-2010, 05:07 PM
It works but you run into the age old problem of rage starvation.

These days I use my block heavy set for the new ICC heroics (they still hit relatively hard and have plenty of magic to go around) or if I have an iffy healer. Otherwise I'm wearing half to all dps gear.

Mačl
04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
I too have switched to tanking in half DPS. This helps rage starvation and with the correct choice of weapon even DPS. Just gear for not being crit by lvl 82 mobs, put on some fury gear and grab a slow one hander for maximum devastation and cleaves that actually do something for their rage cost. I just equip my best tanking gear and then do the old switcharoo.

Ever since Devastate had been buffed, maxing block for big SS numbers(which got nerfed) isn't worth it.
Also remember that Blizz did put a damage DR on AOE for mobgroups > 10. So gearing for massive, massive pulls isn't that appealing either.

I've found that pulling fast but not overdoing it and playing it safe isn't that much slower than being reckless.
HoL penultimate room, I'm looking at you.

I say gearing for harder hits and having the rage to perform them and not pulling more than one group is better. This leaves room for error recovery and you get to show off your massive tank dps.

I wouldn't do this for HoR, tho. You might get no support from your group whatsoever and have 5 hard hitting mobs who beat you up at the same time while they simply AoE them down.

Heigan
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm pretty much only asking because i get bored with it. So to shut down this boredem i actually created a Dw tank spec last night. As long as the healer pays attention it works. I barely take any damage either way. I use my OH warglaive for fast rage building, and cuz it gives me something to look at.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kalecgos&n=blackbear

Its the 2nd spec, i kept changing stuff around at the last minute after creating it, so i accidently put all 3 extra in sword and board and only 2 in critical block. should be the other way around. Any block talents i used were specifically for getting down to shockwave or so a shield could still serve a purpose in an oh shit situation. If i wanted to i could remove SnB, critical block altogether and go further in the fury tree, but i didn't care.