PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Am i doing things correctly?

Spart4n
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I think i have done an alright job in itemizing my self other then the double hit cap thing.
The only thing I can think to drop that would be to replace my 245 trink.
Yet I can not seem to do that everytime deaths choice or DBW drops it gets won by a hunter.......
So here is my link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Zarcyon
other than the hit cap is there anything else i can replace to further increase my dps i was pulling about 8993 on saurfang on 25 last night.

Sjk
04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, as you said replace your hit marker trinket should be first prio from what I can see!

PatrikL
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM
If you plan on having bad luck for some time and have the cash to spare the Greatness Card is quite a good trinket but then again you wont like yourself if DC or DBW drops the next day :D

damionrayne
04-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Looks good to me mate, I'd have to agree with Sjk.

Casja
04-13-2010, 09:17 AM
A greatness card would def help alot but also replacing the 245 shoulders or chest with 232 set shoulders or chest will be a improvment from the 2 piece bonus as well untill you can get a trophy for 245 pieces. Losing your 2 piece bonus is just not worth it for the small jump in stats from 232-245

bling581
04-15-2010, 07:29 AM
You could check Rawr but with that amount of hit rating you have it might be an upgrade to get Bryntroll to replace your current weapon. You would gain a higher dps weapon and lose some of the hit though you would still be over the cap. In the long run though replacing your hit trinket with DBW or Greatness would be best since Cryptmaker (which has hit) is going to be your BiS 25 man weapon for Unholy until you get a chance at Lich King weapons or go for Shadow's Edge. There are some nice heroic 10 man weapons without hit too.

One thing I see wrong is where your Nightmare Tear is socketed. You have it on your legs in the blue socket but have a red gem in the yellow socket which still doesn't unlock the bonus. I would replace it with a 20 str gem and move it to the blue socket on your chest piece which would give you the +8 str bonus. Some other things to consider is the Sigil of the Hanged Man vs. the Sigil of Virulence. If you check the EJ Unholy thread they provide a breakdown on which sigils are better for each boss in ICC. Sometimes movement or add switching might cause your stacks to drop off. Your current spec looks fine, but with the amount of ICC gear you have I would suggest taking a look at Frost as a sub-spec or keeping UH/Blood but take Reaping.

Almost 9k dps is pretty good and certainly nothing to sneeze at. I think there isn't much else you can do except through better gear and self improvements (UI setup, keybind setup, etc.) From what I can see you know how to spec and gear your DK correctly.

Casja
04-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Bryntroll would def be a upgrade over the claymore. Also with a proc based weapon it'll be a DPS gain switching from a blood sub-spec to a frost sub because of Icy Talons.