PDA

View Full Version : Heroic lich king 10- 1 tankable with 277 gear and 15% buffs?

gacktt
04-09-2010, 08:59 AM
We'll probably start working on this guy next month, when we have our shadowmourne and mostly 277 raid gear.

We intend to 1tank/3heal/6dps it with a warrior tank, I should have about, 71k health at that point.

Is it possible?

DesT.
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I highly doubt it. P1 - Shamblers enrage after about 1min 30 from spawn and can double enrage = death if you have LK on you as well. p2 would be fine, but p2.5 > p3 with 2 spirits on you + LK = dead too. FYI, I have 71k with the 10% buff now, and LK still rapes me ~_~

gacktt
04-09-2010, 09:42 AM
The shamblers perma enrage?

If its normal enrage I mean a warrior has enough cds to permanently cancel it up until theres 3 of them.

How much does the LK and raging spirits hit for? never really attempted him as we are planning to sell LK achievements till we have our legendary and 277 weaps/tier.

DesT.
04-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Forgot to specify sorry. They perma enrage after about 1min 30. 100% damage 50% attack speed. Raging hit for about 15k apiece with 20k+ shrieks. LK hits for about 21k with 39k armor.

gacktt
04-09-2010, 09:55 AM
That is pretty rough, but I wonder if cds and an extra holy light spamming pally will get us through the dangerous transition. Do you lust at the start since you'll be fighting against the enrage timer and will use it twice anyway?

Is the soul reaper still 40k?

DesT.
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
We lust to bring him to 70% within 2 horror spawns. 2nd lust is after we come out of the FM room a second time. Soul reaper is closer to the 50-60k range. I don't really notice as a DK. AMS ftw.

gacktt
04-09-2010, 09:59 AM
With those numbers I guess that itll be impossible for at least a warrior to solo tank until 30% buffs(which wouldnt be a big deal anymore).

DesT.
04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
It's a tough fight, 1 mistake will fuck you over so hard. Mind you, we've spent about 2 weeks on it but can't seem to survive p5. Keep making the same old mistakes + having raging spirits reset aggro once we leave the FM room -_-" or defiles in the middle of the platform.

Dragaan
04-09-2010, 11:57 PM
With only a 15% buff there is no way a warrior,or any other tank for that matter, is going to solo tank this fight (for a first kill at least). Well... it MIGHT be possible if you really, really, really, really want to do it and don't mind wiping countless times. I don't see why anyone would do this for a first kill tho. It definitely wouldn't work with 3 healers. If it worked at all, you'd need an extra dps instead.

P1 would be insanely risky with 1 tank, since the mobs will still be able to 1shot the tank at many points during that phase and you'd need extremely well-timed stuns/cooldowns.

You'd need to really try hard to get all the raging spirits dead before p2 starts, or the tank will take some pretty nasty burst.

For the p2-3 transition, you will have at least 1 raging spirit up as that phase starts, since you don't have any time at all to dps it before that transition ends. Once that first harvest soul ends you will have to deal with the defile, at least 1 raging spirit swinging at and possibly soul shrieking the tank, and a soul reaper w/in the first 2 seconds of coming back up. If you wipe at this point, you'll have to spend another 10min, including the p1 rng fest, to get back and try again. Doesn't seem worth it.

gacktt
04-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah the damage is pretty insane, shambler just punched me for 45k I think.

Shadow traps alone throughout the whole fight sounds like a very dangerous mechanic.

Dragaan
04-11-2010, 08:09 AM
45k? That's nothin. They hit for like 70k+ when they're enraged (over 100k sometimes on 25man). So it's literally a 1shot w/o cooldowns. You can stun them when they enrage normally, but it gets trickier when you have 2 of them on you and 1 is at low hp. They have a 2nd enrage that they do at low hp and you can't stun them or tranq the enrage off at that point. Many lich king heroic attempts end in p1 by the offtank gettin gibbed. Shadow traps are only during the first phase tho.

gacktt
04-11-2010, 08:15 AM
45k? That's nothin. They hit for like 70k+ when they're enraged (over 100k sometimes on 25man). So it's literally a 1shot w/o cooldowns. You can stun them when they enrage normally, but it gets trickier when you have 2 of them on you and 1 is at low hp. They have a 2nd enrage that they do at low hp and you can't stun them or tranq the enrage off at that point. Many lich king heroic attempts end in p1 by the offtank gettin gibbed. Shadow traps are only during the first phase tho.

Thank god, I couldn't imagine powered up valks and p3 with shadow traps, I mean as if it wasn't that damn hard as it is.

Meloree
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM
The thread title - it made me laugh.

The throughput damage on tanks in P1 is absolutely brutal. This is the biggest reason for bringing a Holy Paladin - no other healer can keep up the bandwidth required on two separate tanks at the same time. The other healer (disc priest) will be busy on the raid fulltime. You'll probably get Pain Suppression if you ask for it, but the healers are pretty GCD locked here - it's best to just not ask until P3. Putting all of that damage into a single tank would force a 3rd healer. The Holy Paladin can't double-up on one tank. That's just to deal with throughput damage - the spikes will kill you. But assuming you can get around the living issue, if you have one tank, then you're going to have extra plague bounces to melee - ramping up LK damage and potentially making Infest unhealable.

If you somehow make it out of P1 - pickups on Raging Spirits and positioning are going to be a lot harder with a cloud of mobs, some of which have frontal cones, during transition.

If you somehow make it out of transition - Lich King will probably kill you with the first Soul Reaper if there's still a Raging Spirit up - regardless of shield-wall.

If you somehow make it through that Raging Spirit, the rest of P2 is basically a breeze.

If by some miracle you make it to the 2nd transition - You have to deal with 4 raging spirits, 2 of which will be alive when Arthas comes charging in for P3. You will somehow need to stay alive through Soul Reaper plus 2 raging spirits - plus figure out how to handle the vile spirit waves without a 2nd tank to just soak them all - which means you're taking 6 ranged dps, because you have to kill them. If you're leaving Raging Spirits up, you're going to be dead, so that's several million more damage on boss that you have to find a way to make up, as compared to the "standard" ranged strat.

In summary: Even if you live, and deal with all the survivability issues, you won't make the enrage timer with 3 healers, because you're giving away 1 tanks worth of DPS for that healer, and forcing yourself into a higher DPS overhead position - you have to kill more mobs to have a chance. For reference, our ranged-comp kill did a total of 48 million damage over the fight. To solotank, you'ld have to do 51 million damage. And you would be giving away roughly 3 million damage from the 2nd tank you're not bringing.

Daha
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Someone has already done it... as a Bear. On april 13, the US #22 kill.

US|Bonechewer|Escaper is the guild

Following is a link to a WOL parse
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8n4mln5usnvbgyve/sum/damageDone/?s=11073&e=12177

They did indeed use 3 healers - Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman.

Promethius is the bear that solo tanked it.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Promethius

I found this parse while trying to find examples of kills using Resto Shaman... heh.

gacktt
05-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Gotta nerf them bears. I might have tried it at 20% buffs when my health reaches 78k+ with more 277 gear, but SC2 beta + coming release killed any motivation I have for doing that crap.

Vincienzo
05-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes but a bear has enraged regen (glyphed), barkskin, SI, 4p and if used right can last through alot without needing externals. A warrior has 2 min Shield Wall... 4p is helpful but doesn't negate nearly enough damage to be classed as a full cd.

and btw ur promethius bear gems defense... o_O

Mert
05-24-2010, 04:13 AM
and btw ur promethius bear gems defense... o_O

He only has the one from what I can tell - the rest of his yellows are Hit/Stam. Once at the Hit Cap, my guess would be that Def/Stam is still the best yellow-matching gem for a Bear because while he doesn't need it for anything related to crit-immunity, the DR on Miss% at close to base Defense will be far less harsh than it would be on a Plate-wearing tank which may mean it works out as more avoidance than we'd typically associate with Def Rating.

Having said all that though, I've just had a look and it appears he isn't Hit Capped anyway, so your guess is as good as mine, heh. Maybe he's just a slacker JC like me and hasn't learned any recipes past the Dragons Eyes that he'll need so it was the best he could get at short notice :P

iliveonarainbowcloud
06-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Having said all that though, I've just had a look and it appears he isn't Hit Capped anyway, so your guess is as good as mine, heh. Maybe he's just a slacker JC like me and hasn't learned any recipes past the Dragons Eyes that he'll need so it was the best he could get at short notice :P

You mean to say that im not the only JC at max skill that has no epic cuts? ^O^! Now i don't feel like a complete loser...>.>