PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Two pairs of pants and only one pair of legs to put in them :(

Edhunt
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I've recently gotten the chance to tank parts of Icecrown in my guild runs (Warlock main in a guild where we favor mains over alts while raiding) and last night I managed to walk away with a few nice additions to my gear set.

One of these, and the only one I'm not entirely sure about was a pair of Deathforged Legplates, and the main reason I'm not sure about using them is the fact that I'm already wearing Ymirjar Lord's Legguards.

On the whole they don't differ a lot as far as I can see:

Ymirjar Lord's Legguards
2210 Armor
109 Strength
191 Stamina
1 Yellow socket (Hit/Stamina gem)
1 Blue socket (Stamina gem)
+9 Stamina socket bonus
80 Defense Rating
96 Dodge Rating
73 Expertise Rating

Deathforged Legplates
2210 Armor
109 Strength
179 Stamina
1 Red socket (Expertise/Stamina gem)
1 Blue socket (Stamina gem)
1 Yellow socket (Hit/Stamina gem)
+12 Stamina socket bonus
96 Defense Rating
96 Dodge Rating
49 Expertise Rating

Now since I've started getting over 40k health unbuffed I've been working on threat over health when it comes to gemming. Meaning that I currently use Expertise/Stamina in my red sockets and Hit/Stamina in my yellow sockets where the bonus is either +9 or +12 Stamina, due to this I've been able to stay relatively close to the Expertise soft cap and won't see as many untimely Taunt resists (I've had a LOT of those) on the bosses where taunting is necessary (plus, having Saurfang, Festergut and Putricide in my future the importance of Taunts landing would only increase).

It should also be noted that my guild is strictly 10-man and raids without consistently taking a Shadowpriest and Moonkin (both our Moonkin are offspecs of Resto Druids) so I'd be faced with Glyphing Taunt and leaving out the excellent-for-threat Glyph of Revenge or going for some extra Hit on my gear.

With the above in mind, switching from my current Ymirjar Lord's Legguards to Deathforged Legplates would net me a whopping 6 Stamina and 16 Defense Rating at the cost of 14 Expertise Rating and breaking my 2-piece T10 bonus. So my question is whether going with the Deathforged is worth it over the T10 for this particular tank: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Udderchaos

(side note to the Armory link, I forgot to switch back from my 'I refuse to die' spec that I like to use for ooze kiting on Rotface. My regular tanking spec and glyphs would be my secondary spec)

Bodasafa
04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
The Deathforged pants will give you more effective health (stamina+armor) assuming you gem correctly with all +30 stamina gems. In ICC EH is the best possible way to gear.

In regards to hit and expertise see: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?65700-Expertise-Hit-and-your-Threat.-What-it-means-to-all-Tanks.-%28Current-for-3.3.3%29

In regards to glyphs Devastate is the best possible threat glyph and probably the only one I would consider mandatory at this time. You have mocking blow as a warrior use it just after you taunt to ensure a proper swap, doing so will remove the need for the taunt glyph. Given how hard you are being hit in ICC your rage should be through the roof, because of this the revenge glyph is a complete waste.

In regards to your spec, you are much better off maxing out deep wounds over Cruelty. It has been proven in another thread somewhere that unless you take full deep wounds impale is a waste as is cruelty.