PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury DPS seems low

Hvitserk
04-08-2010, 04:11 AM
For the most part I run my warrior as a tank but in those few times that I get to dps Im excited to. Currently totally unbuffed my stats are as follows:

AP:4913
ArP:914
Crit:36.18
Expertise: 35/35 (i know its high but its all from gear/racial)
Hit:6.10%

The weapons Im using are the Ramaladni's Blade of Culling and Tyrannical Beheader. My in-game GS is 5120. And as of this moment I have no set bonuses.

Now then I did a 25 man VoA on the new boss i pulled 5900 dps. My rotation was WW > BT > Slam and queuing HS <50 rage. Used all my CDs when they were up and shattering throw with Bloodlust.

I also have a druid who is feral cat. With about the same gear he has 2/5 T10 and does 7-8000 dps on that fight depending. Am i doing something wrong with the fury rotation or gear? Does feral just naturally pull ahead like that? My druid is a bit more geared but to pull 2k more then the warrior is a bit much i must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance. Ill try and get the armory updated with my dps gear and like both my druids and warriors for comparison.

Hvitserk

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=hvitserk Warrior
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&cn=M%C3%ADstrunner Druid

MellvarTank
04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Your crit seems a little low for Fury, and you have a little too much hit and definitely too much expertise. I would think you likely need to up your crit to at least 40% unbuffed.

Hvitserk
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
The expertise i cant help lol thats straight from gear. 5 from racial and that one axe has a crap ton on it. ill see what i can do to come up with 4% more crit but that wont make up the 2k dps difference will it?

MellvarTank
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
It will make a fairly substantial difference actually, as you will crit more which will also keep Flurry up (speed increase)... so it could help a great deal.

Bung
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
It's got to be a rotation issue cause ur gear and spec are fine. Don't use shattering throw until your raid uses heroism. On multiple mobs are you using cleave? The bloodshed band could be replaced with the agility version, cause you can lose the +40 hit. Unbridled Wrath is kinda useless in your tree. But even these changes wouldn't make a huge difference. At some point you will get close to the Arp hard cap which is 1400. I've seen some warriors gem enough str to work with the proc from NES to get 100% arp for procs only. As your gear gets better you will ahve so much rage that you can spam heroic strike or cleave depending on the number of adds, so mabey try and use these more and see if you get rage starved. You should use rawr to figure this out, but im curious if you should switch your weapons around.

Hvitserk
04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Yep my Aoe dps is fine with cleave just a bit low for single target. The reason i picked Unbridled Wrath is I run with a ret paladin so commanding presence is a bit of a waste so a bit of extra rage is nice. Im gemed so high for Arp because of the long ICD of the trinket I like having a higher Arp while its on CD.