PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Gem/Enchants for Fury Warrior

Bombardment
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I am working on my dps gear and have been searching for a guide to gems/enchants to use. Anything out there or is it just stack up on strength and ArP?

MellvarTank
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Check out TheGreatMe's fury warrior guide located here:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide

Bombardment
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks, I have been using that guide. Just wanted to see if there was a more comprehensive gem/enchant guide out there.

MellvarTank
04-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Fury is really kinda straight forward... Aim for 40% unbuffed crit, loads of strength, if you have an ArP trinket then gem ArP to softcap, if you are pretty well decked out in 251+ gear you could likely gem pure ArP and hit the hard cap (which means you can ditch the ArP trinket).

We are a simple folk.... :)

MellvarTank
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
If you would like more tailored advice to your gear, I recommend posting up an armory link in the Halp! section of the forum.

Bombardment
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks, I know pre ICC they were pretty simple but was not sure what they were like since 3.3 came out. There's been so many changes to the game. I guess fury will always be "simple"

Loganisis
04-07-2010, 01:37 PM
There's not much to be comprehensive about. General rule I've seen is gem Str unless you can use ArP gems to passively hit the ArP hard cap (1400).

As for the best enchants, maxdps.com is a dirty word around here, but their list of top-end enchants is what I see warriors use for DPS-ing (scroll to the bottom of the page and for items that can be enchanted/buffed, there's a listed of the best modifiers). Usually there's 1 very clear enachnt to use as the others are just lesser versions of the best one. The one exception is for the boots, but typically you're going to have enough hit anyway so the AP enchant is greater than the hit/crit enchant.

As always, there's some variation to gems/enchanting if you need a certain stat, but for the most part it seems to be:

Gems = STR or ArP if you can reach the ArP passive cap
Enchants = one with the most AP.

tawnos
04-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Well 3 weeks old so hopefully this doesn't constitute thread necromancy, but I could use something similar as well. I've found detailed posts on gems for various dps dk specs, feral cat, and for ret. I was hoping there was something similar for fury. I get the whole soft/hard cap gemming with arp (since its the same thing for feral) but i'm really just wondering about the specific common situations.

My fury is more of a long term side project so i'm not worried at all about whats best for the immediate gear setup. I could try to mock up a future gear set and run rawr test but I'm not trying to get too exact. I guess the questions i have are: use the skyflare (2 blue) meta or the earthsiege? For ret the guides say unequivocally to use the earthsiege but for dk it seems to be a tossup with standard gem slots (i.e. you are going to have at least 2 blue slots with 4str or more). I'm going to assume that barring the use of 1-2 for meta activation blue slots should be ignored, but what about yellow slots with the common slot bonuses (4,6,8 str). Where is the general breakpoint for ignoring the bonus and going with a red (arp or str) gem and where should i be using an orange gem with crit (obviously the hit rating situation could impinge upon this decision)? Just at a guess i would assume its safe to ignore 4str bonuses but should probably meet 6str ones.