PDA

View Full Version : Blazing Skeleton's and Mage Slow Spell

mojko
04-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm just curious if anyone knows if the Mage "Slow" spell has any affect on the Blazing Skeleton's "Lay Waste" cast time?

Blacksen
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Haven't tested it, but extremely doubtful.

Muffin Man
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll confirm that the skeleton is unstunnable and lay waste is uninterruptible (I'm sure everyone's discovered this already).

But if he can be slowed, let us know (I doubt it as well).

Bitterst
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
This is purely anecdotal, but I've noticed as a hunter you can delay the amount of time from spawn to actual Lay Waste cast by pulling aggro on it from a distance. In all our attempts as long as a ranged DPS like a hunter gets aggro on it before someone in melee, we get ~5 more seconds of him running to try and get in range before he stops and plants himself to channel. If a melee starts hitting him first, he seems to start casting almost instantly.

Martie
04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
This is purely anecdotal, but I've noticed as a hunter you can delay the amount of time from spawn to actual Lay Waste cast by pulling aggro on it from a distance. In all our attempts as long as a ranged DPS like a hunter gets aggro on it before someone in melee, we get ~5 more seconds of him running to try and get in range before he stops and plants himself to channel. If a melee starts hitting him first, he seems to start casting almost instantly.
I have similar experiences - it appears that the skeleton only casts lay waste when his current aggro target is in melee range. After coordinating it with one of my hunters, I managed to prevent him from casting lay waste sometimes, and drastically reduce the amount of ticks the rest of the time.
It's tricky to actually keep him from doing it completely, considering that melee is doing their best to kill him, but there was a noticable difference between the amount of lay waste ticks we've got after my side decided to kite him best we could. (We split the raid up into two relatively even groups, each with a tank, one handling the left side, the other the right side.) If I had to estimate, my side let through about half as many ticks before I decided to share my findings with the raid.

Muffin Man
04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
They way I've seen it work in my raid is the first thing the Blazing Skeleton does is cast a fireball. Then he starts to channel lay waste.

I have had the experience where I get over-zealous and charge a newly spawned Skeleton, he fireballs me in the face then starts channelling from the doorway. Other times he'll mosey on over to the tanks, cast a fireball at a healer then start chanelling.

I haven't paid too much attn to this behavior either to be honest, but that's my anecdote.

FeawenShadows
04-13-2010, 08:31 AM
In our 10/25 mans anyone who can taunt a blazing does so. We normally don't get a lay waste at all. The above poster in correct about them not casting lay waste until someone on their aggro table is within a certain number of yards of melee range. I'd say from my experiences on my DPS/OS tank DK it is about 8 yards.