PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Arms Warrior - DPS dropping on movement encounters

Walkinman
04-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi,

Just a question to any other Arms warriors out there

How do you make sure that your dps doens't drop down to horrible levels on 10m ICC encounters that require a higher than normal amount of movement?

I try to maintain as much as possible my normal priority, but lately no matter what I seem to be doing its not having a huge effect.

Last night we went up against 10m Sindragosa, and I was barely reaching 3k dps and that was in the good periods of time when I could stand and fight! Normally I can do 5 to 6k. My gear is the right standard for the encounters that I am doing

Hate the feeling that I am being carried by my guildmates. I am not looking to switch to Fury at the moment as want to keep my Off-Spec as Prot

Any tips that can me given at all?

woodyman
04-07-2010, 06:05 AM
one thing i have found is that of all the abilities slam is the one i just cant seem to use very well when i need to move quite a lot so i spend more time tryin to fit in the odd HS when rage allows or anything else

Walkinman
04-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I pretty much give up on Slam as it's us always seem to tie in with me needing to move

Cartz
04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
If your problem is Sindy in particular there are a few tricks I use to keep my damage delivery up. Although my tips are focused on 25M as I tank our 10M.

First and foremost, save bladestorm for the air phases. Hopefully the blocks are dropped close enough together that you can roflcopter them both down to low health quickly. Don't allow yourself to get pegged by her attacks though, maintain your LoS.

Second, be quick with your charges. When she sucks in the raid for blistering cold, you should be the first one back on her by virtue of your charge. Same with when she lands after an air phase. Being on her quickly really makes the difference, those two or three extra swings help. Another thing I do with blistering cold is to strafe sideways away from her, as opposed to fully turning my back and running. This allows you to throw out a few more instants (MS, OP or Exec and a Rend) before you actually get out of range. Always make sure you refresh Rend before an air phase, and consider refreshing it when you're running out for BC if it's falling off. Once she's in the air, you can give her a heroic throw as a parting gift before getting in position for the ice blocks.

Depending on your healers, you can almost ignore the stacking debuff until she's below 35%. Arms warriors attack pretty slow, and if your healers don't mind healing you through the debuff you can pretty much ignore it unless it hits 6 or 7 stacks. Until 35%, I just go all out and rarely see stacks over 6. If you do find yourself needing to stop, throw up a shattering throw, thunderclap and demoshout so that you're not completely useless for your downtime.

Sindragosa really is a fight built for an Arms warrior. It's the only fight on 25M I can easily lead the charts on, provided our Unholy DK is late.

Walkinman
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the advice

Going to your approach a try - was pleased that some of what you mention I am already attempting to do.

Bladestorm on the air phases makes sense, got caught out a couple of times popping that at completely the wrong time (and my death usually followed shortly afterwards)

Deathsupply
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I stay a step ahead of the boss for movement heavy encounters when movement is neeeded so I can have a chance to use slam. Other than that, just try and stay within range, and don't forget to use Heroic Throw and even bust your ranged weapon out if applicable (obviously last resort) because some dps is better than no dps :P