PDA

View Full Version : Tanking a few questions

Doubletr3s
04-06-2010, 05:45 AM
ive got the def cap down, with out trying im at 552.
what i would like to ask is whats acceptable base avoidances for a pally tank?
currently im at 28% dodge 20 % parry and 15% block but with my libram and talents and spells my dodge goes to 30% and my block shoots up to 75% with redoubt 44% with just holy shield up.

and im having trouble keeping aggro off 6k+ dps in raids im wondering if its in my rotation because i believe my gear is fine but i could be wrong.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hydraxis&cn=Averade&gn=Snack+Attack
is nmy gear i'm changing some enchants that ive read about on here

please, any advice is welcome if you can!

Harmacy
04-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Post a link to your armory (if you're currently saved in other gear, link to your Wow-Heroes page so we can see the tank gear you were previously saved in), and tell us what kind of content you're doing.

Since you're still worried about defense, I assume you're a relatively fresh 80, in which case avoidance is still something to keep in mind. Your current levels of avoidance are pretty high (higher than my Paladin), so I wouldn't worry about it anymore and you could certainly trade out some avoidance for more EH (stam or armor). Block is nice for tanking adds or heroics, but except for a few gimmick fights, is nothing a raider should be concerned with. For a raiding tank, block rating is useless and block value is a pure threat stat (a pretty nice one though).

Again, an armory link would help us with determining the root of your aggro problems. Are you using the cookie cutter 53/18 Crusade spec? Are you using the Seal of Vengeance glyph?

Dreadski
04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
28/20 is more than fine. Worry more about stamina and armor than avoidance, especially if you are talking about tanking in Icecrown.

Doubletr3s
04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I edited in a link to my gear, as you can see im 59-12
i dont really remember my glyphs haha ive pretty much gotten everything outside of a raid
im using the seal of vengance glyph now
and im not worries no much about defense because i have a feeling it'll come with the gear upgrades since i only have one enchant that helps def rating

Doubletr3s
04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
i switched tot he 96969 rotation and while my single target threat is insane now my aoe is lacking, is 96969 only for raid/bosses? or should i be in the crusader spec to get the extra aoe threat