PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Retribution Paladin DPS Issues

Gwales
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi Tankspot,

I am having major dps issues, can you give me a little advice on where I went wrong in some gemming.
I have a full T-9 gear of Turalyon's Conquest, but still working on Bracers & Boots. Also, I'm using Liabram of Discord, should I use something else?

Thank you.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php
Bigjonwales
US/Malfurion

Samius
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Eek. First thing. GET RID OF THEM CRIT GEMS!. NEVER gem for crit. If anything gem for str/crit IF the socket bonus gives you at least ~6 strength.
Next, to avoid repeating myself. Please check this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?65474-Ret-pally-in-need-of-help.
The guy in the above thread made a few of your mistakes, but I must say your gear is rather a mess at this point. Follow the advice I gave him, most of it will apply to you.

Fix your meta. You should use the same as the guy in the previous thread (Relentless Earthsiege Diamond). Combined with a Nightmare Tear to activate it.
Sorry about pointing you to another thread, but its all same mistakes made over and over. Definitely fix your gems tho, sad waste of money on your part I'm afraid.

Good Luck

Turkson
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh my.

To start off with, I'm going to repeat what Samius said, with some additional gem comments: Never gem for crit, stam, attack power.
As an addition to that, never gem for expertise or hit if you're at the caps for those stats, which you are (263 hit, 26 expertise are the caps).
Your Meta gem needs to be changed from whatever it is to a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (+21 agi and 3% increased critical damage). With that meta, you only need 1 Nightmare Tear (+10 all stats) to activate it. I suggest sticking the Tear into a blue socket if the socket bonus would be strength (your chest piece is a good place). Every red and blue socket should have a +16 or +20 str gem in it. For yellow sockets, you can do a +10 str/+ 10 crit gem IF the socket bonus is also strength.

Both of your trinkets are awful, you're probably thinking that the higher ilvl on them means that they are better? Mirror of Truth and Darkmoon Card: Greatness (+90 str) are both ilvl 200 trinkets and are far better for you than your current trinkets.

You need to get 5/5 Seals of the Pure in the Holy Tree in your talent tree build. Mandatory for any raiding ret paladin. Your glyphs are actually pretty good, I'd grab "Glyph of Seal of Vengeance." It adds 10 expertise when you have SoV active, and will get you back to the expertise cap after you dump Victor's Call.

Last word, your enchants are almost all the next tier down from the top ones, this is fine if you want to save gold. The one place where your enchant does not make sense is on your weapon. Berserking or +110 Attack Power as the cheap alternative.

Gwales
04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Thank you, this is what I was looking for as a overall of what I did wrong and how to fix it. I am trying to fix gems the crit gemming debacle. I getting the mats for the Berserking enchant. I have the mats now for the Meta socket (Retentless Earthsiege Diamond).
Good thing that one Gwales can make the mats for most of gems, just need a JC. I'm saving Frost emblems for the next tier of armor. Are my rings ok? About the holy you're say to get 5/5 Seals of Pure, in your oppinion what should go then. Thank you again for
help..

Zyffyr
04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Things you can ditch to get Seals of the Pure :

Divine Purpose - 2 points.
Divine Sacrifice - This ability is nowhere near as as powerful as it once was. Is simply is not worth the number of points it takes in Prot to get it.
Divinity - 5 points. All the 5 points are really doing for you is increasing JoL from 2.0% to 2.1% of max HP. Incoming heals from other sources are almost always overheals anyway, so no benefit to those.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin#99QYH6lobOl1,aere3,10952 is the 'Must have' talents for Ret PvE.