PDA

View Full Version : Forge of souls pulls. Need tips.

nekorion
04-04-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm an Unholy Death Knight and for the most part retaining aggro in heriocs is child's play. I am a smidge harder to heal than a typical tank, but not having to deal with mobs being pulls off of me is nice.

However every time I reach the 2x Soulguard Reaper, 1 Soulgaurd Adept and 1 Soulguard Bonecaster, I cringe a bit. Is damage unavoidable? Do these mobs not have an aggro table or do they just like to ignore it? Everyone in my group tends to take heavy damage, and while Anti-Magic Zone makes me feel like I'm doing my part, I have no idea what I should be trying to do other than hold aggro. What's the typical kill order for that pull?

Bigbad
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I always cheese the pull in the circulair room with army. What can i say i'm lazy sometimes. Rest is easy just dg the caster mob or walk to it and tank the whole group there.

Gutfang
04-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I usually target the Adepts first, in order to prevent their pesky heal from prolonging things.

I've read that the Bonecasters are a little harder hitting than the others, and they dish out party wide damage. The Reapers drop the pesky frost nova that allows the Adepts to get range on you, and that they randomly throw their shadow lances on various party members. In either case, you're looking at pests that dish out party-wide damage. Because the Bonecasters hit a little harder, I tend to target them once the Adept is down.

Muffin Man
04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Bonecasters do a bone volley. They also have a reflective shield I think?

The Reapers though are the real killers. Since shadow lance is random, you can get it at bad times or just get unlucky like both Reapers lancing the same guy. It's also an instant cast unlike Bone Volley or anything the Adepts do.

Really you just need to focus fire something/anything down first. It's not a DK problem, it might be an undergeared dps problem though (as in they should be able to survive some of that AoE dmg 95% of the time).

I've gone with groups that do the Bonecaster first, but Bone Volley can always be interrupted.

Other groups like to down the Adept first since he heals, he also doesn't like to stand in melee so killing him first makes holding aggro a smidge easier (although it doesn't sound like you have that problem).

I personally like to kill a Reaper first then the Bonecaster to minimize random gibbing since that Shadow Lance can hit really hard.

kungfugrip
07-28-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5iXvGDTewA

this guy gets really into it. he's a dk also