PDA

View Full Version : RED ALERT! Valve is losing to Farmville!

jimboa25
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey guys, over at The Escapist, they're having their March Meyhem Developer showdown and it's in the final four. Valve has been pitted against the Facebook Application maker Zynga (the makers of Farmville) and Zynga is kicking Valve's ass because The Escapist has allowed people to vote directly from their Facebook accounts and of course, Zynga is advertising every five seconds for its users to vote for them. And of course, since Facebook users will click on anything they're told to, they're voting for them left and right.

Please, go vote for Valve. The idea that a Facebook Application company is a superior game developer to the guys who created Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress and Portal is a freaking insult. The vote now stands at 53.5% Zynga to 46.5% Valve. The votes close tomorrow and Valve is down by a thousand votes. Please, if you value gaming, come vote for a real gaming company, not a bunch of Flash hacks.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.184375-Poll-Round-5-Field-of-Four-7-Zynga-vs-1-Valve?page=1

Swara
04-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh Facebook, how I loath thee.

Voted for Valve.

jimboa25
04-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Looks like that thread is breaking, lol. Doesn't surprise me since it's generated over 8,000 replies and spanned 230 pages. Don't know what they're going to do now.

Flufeeh
04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I've voted for Valve.

This is a disgrace, I can't believe they're losing.

JollyWarrior
04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
but zynga has the best poker game for iphone!

Pengz
04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Just to clarify, Valve didnt create Team Fortress, They picked up team fortress 2 on the verge of becoming vaporware, and turned it into the comic abomination that it is today.

But with that being said, they cant loose to Zynga. no matter how addictive there games on my iphone are!

gacktt
04-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Was valve responsible for the "Steam" system? if so they can burn in hell.