PDA

View Full Version : Sindragosa 10 - HM

Morghax
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Riiiight...
so far we spent around 10 hours wiping on it
we get to 35% at around 5 minutes 30 seconds without bigger problems (if you exclude some brain freezes causing failes on ice bombs or killing ice tombs) and then hell break loose...
I know our raid composition sucks (this time it was: prot warr (330 to 430 Frost res), blood DK/ holy pala, resto shamy, disc priest/ fury war, marksman hunt, affli lock, 2xret pala - one going retmed on a few last tries; but we also tried prot pala+prot warr/ holy pala OR tree+disc+resto shaman and pretty much the same dps setup)
ye the lock is kinda permanently blocked from doing anything ;p

log from this evening
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lu04512lolxqd80z/

best try being 17%...

oh - we tried making everyone use 1 frost resist and/or flask of resistance (50 resistance) to lessen people dying in p3 - did not work that well I think

general strat is: boss tanked facing right, first tomb placed near its head and dpsd down ASAP - people with higher HP/defensive CDs are allowed not to reset stacks at it - just dps, second tomb placed near it's tail - that's where the tank swap occurs (after it dies pretty much), and so on...

if anyone could give any hints I'd be really grateful... ask for more information too - since I do not really know what is relevant...

gacktt
04-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Since you have a 10% buff you can just wear 250+ fr for the whole raid and still beat the enrage timer, as long as noone dies you can end it semi-smoothly.

Unger
04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Just had a quick look at your logs.... it looks to me that your dps is sill fairly low, even with the 10% buff. I had a look on WoL for the average amount for a Sindy 10 kill and your average is just over 26k. The average for a kill on WoL is 29.5k

Healing average is 16k for a kill and 13k for wipes. You are at 12.4k

Honestly, in order to get this down with the dps and heals that you are cranking out, you would need to have a "perfect" run.

I realize that this may be unpopular, but you may have to look at some of the people in your group who are underperforming what is needed to down the event. I think the Holy Pally should be coming in higher on heals and if you have 5 dps, you have to have everyone averaging 6k. Without that, the fight is going to overwhelm you.

sakkdaddy
04-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Bloodlust on the pull. It will help a lot with the enrage timer. Treat Phase 3 as a survival and control phase more than a dps zergdown. Make sure that your 3 healers adapt to different Unchained Magic and Frost Beacon combinations. Practice stepping behind the ice blocks with maybe 3 seconds left on your buffet durations to clear the debuff then right back into LOS of the tank and sindragosa to maximize performance.

Put dual wielder melees on the ice tombs full time in P3, and make sure your ranged dps and healers are split and using every other ice tomb to clear their buffet stacks. Nobody should be dpsing or healing with Unchained Magic in Phase 3. Tanks only need 1-2 pieces of FR gear also, as most of her damage is magic and cooldowns can be used for breaths in the case of Blistering Cold delaying a tank's clearing of his buffet stacks.

It's a tough fight, but very repeatable once your group has grinded it enough. 10 hours sounds like a VERY LONG TIME to practice it though. We used 3 hours maybe to kill her.

Blacksen
04-19-2010, 06:24 AM
How did you wipe on her for 10 hours without blowing your 40 attempts? Anyways.

We also have each DPS and healer wearing a frost resist ring just to help mitigate the damage further. Tanks wear frost resist ring + two other pieces. You should try to save all tanking cooldowns for "RNG moments": specifically when you get one healer in an ice tomb while another has unchained magic, effectively leaving the entire raid to be healed by one person.

If you can, get more caster DPS in there. The most optimal raid for Sindragosa 10man is nothing but caster DPS plus healers. The melee debuff causes a constant stream of damage on all melee, while the caster debuff only impacts one caster.

swelt
04-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Did the "All you can eat" achievement yesterday and wish that I'd approached the achievement before the hard mode. The kind of discipline you need with ice tombs and tank rotation for the achievement is just the kind of thing you want for the hard mode. Getting a very slick process for the ice tombs, which keeps mystic buffet stacks very low, reduces tank and raid damage a lot and makes survival a lot easier.

You certainly do not need pure caster dps, someone has to kill the tombs in a very controlled way, so having melee assigned to that works just fine as they never get any debuff.

Morghax
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
We did kill her finally on 19th :)

the 10 hours we spend was of course in the course of several resets

we put 2 melee we had (retris) on block duty without touching sindi since they were straining healers too much with CTtB debuff and then everything seemed to go smoother... no idiotic wipes on ice bombs, no UM in raid after blistering cold and she did die...
now ... today going for All you can eat and dreading that :<

log from the kill: http://www.worldoflogs.co...q009aif5fi40sn/ (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/giq009aif5fi40sn/)

ihatepeople
04-27-2010, 12:58 AM
The group that I lead/run with has been having trouble in heroic sindragosa as well. Our dps is not the problem, but rather our execution, and i'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. First off, lemme tell you guys what my 10man raid comp is.

Tanks:
Feral Druid
Prot Warrior

Dps:
2x hunter (one surv one MM)
1x rogue (mutilate)
1 DK (frost for haste buff)

Healers:
Holy Priest
Resto druid
Resto shaman
Holy pally

Now before you guys say anything about the 4 healer setup, lemme explain something. The resto druid has a moonkin offspec with pretty good gear, but when we tried that, he always got unchained throughout the fight and basically did no damage (or very little). So i had him stay resto and we just 4 healed it. All of the dps in the group are very geared, with 4pc 264 and 264 weapons with a few us (including myself) having 277 weapons. The prot warrior is pretty geared as well, having 4pc 264, but the feral druid is not as geared, wearing only 2pc 264 and some other offpieces. We usually take 3 air phases before we get her to 25% and then we pop heroism. The closest we have gotten it 6% before we lost control of the fight and wiped. The biggest problems we have are just keeping steady block rotations up so tanks can reset their marks, and our players getting gibbed.

We've tried having our rogue stay on block duty, except when he gets targeted, then me and the other hunter kill his block. I was also considering assigning 2 dps to kill a block depending on its position (left or right). Both tanks are wearing FR, with the druid wearing all 3 pieces of polar gear and the warrior wearing all the pieces to his respective set. As i said before, our dps isn't an issue, seeing as how when we got it to 6% that one attempt we still have almost 2mins left on enrage. I would just like some input on execution. Thanks in advance.

Morghax
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
if you get to 6% with 2 minutes on enrage you are doing really good dps
I guess the today's 5% buff should be enough to give you the kill regardless of what I write
however - we delegated the 2 melee we run with to killing tombs, gave directions who runs where after blistering cold (UM healer right, UM dps left, everyone else - straight up), told people to use an instant when they are thrown onto boss in BC to not get blown up in raid, made sure tanks are using indestructible pots on start of p3, blew hero @ 35% more to help with healing in the initial chaos then dps... tanks were switching pretty much every tomb - with the alternative head-tail tomb placement starting with tail

ihatepeople
04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
if you get to 6% with 2 minutes on enrage you are doing really good dps
I guess the today's 5% buff should be enough to give you the kill regardless of what I write
however - we delegated the 2 melee we run with to killing tombs, gave directions who runs where after blistering cold (UM healer right, UM dps left, everyone else - straight up), told people to use an instant when they are thrown onto boss in BC to not get blown up in raid, made sure tanks are using indestructible pots on start of p3, blew hero @ 35% more to help with healing in the initial chaos then dps... tanks were switching pretty much every tomb - with the alternative head-tail tomb placement starting with tail

K thanks alot man, i will try it, and yea with the new 5% buff it should be alot easier. Heres' to hoping.

Kindera
05-12-2010, 08:34 AM
So.. my group been stuck on Sindragosa 10H for a while now, we got around 10hrs of attempts on her so far (on 3 different lockouts) we tried everything but something seems to be terrily wrong with our strategy..
We got phase 1 and 2 on farm easily, with just 3 air phases before phase 3... doing the block on tail/head strategy, tanks have about 300-420 FR and the raid have about 150-250 buffed.
group composition is:

Tanks:
Prot pally
Prot warr

DPS:
Frost DK
Ret Pally
MM Hunter
Aff Lock
Boomkin

Heals:
Disc Priest
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman

Also tried having our prot pally go holy and boomkin go bear and 4 heal it... didnt have much problems with dps but doesnt seem to be the reason for our wipes.. we've got her to about 15% on our best try..
things seems to get chaotic in phase 3, the raid takes to much dmg and ppl start dieing and then blocks stop dieing UM seems to be one of our bigger issues there.
heres 2 WoL from 3healer tries:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg4qbmnnty7j9zrz/dashboard/?s=10805&e=11211
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg4qbmnnty7j9zrz/dashboard/?s=9493&e=9885 (this one is not that good..)

My questions are:
1-Should we have the melee dps blocks full time and ranged just reset stacks and burn boss?
2-UM targets just sit and stop casting? or just one of them(healer/dps)? If not, how can we manage stacks resets without exploding the raid?
3-Should we use 4 healers?

Please, any hints you have or suggestions that might help us will be much appreciated
thanks

Mils
06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Our 10 man has been stuck on sindi 10HM for a while now also.

We run with
Tanks
Prot Warx2

DPS
Mage
Hunter
Mage/Sahdow Priest depending availability
Fury War
Ret Pally

Heals
resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy Pally

We stroll through to Phase 2 without drama, and then it all goes to hell. Both tanks roll with 370+ FR but our issue seems to be the rotating heals space, blowing each other up and general chaos of moving out of los and still healing etc etc.

Does anyone have a solid 'position here' scheme that works for them? Our biggest issue is we will easily get 1 healer in ice, and 1 hiding to drop stacks and the last unchained so they can't cast.

How do you handle that situation?

The best we've done is about 9% :(

I'm open to any ideas.

Mr.Winkle
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I haven't actually done HC Sindy so my advice could be useless but on normal as a Holy Paladin i wore 3 piece FR gear and found it to much smoother like that.

I just missed every other tomb and another healer did the same so there was always clear LOS healing on tanks.

Mert
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM
We usually tank her in the middle of the platform (in the centre of the circular pattern on the floor), parallel to the stairs. We then have two spots for Ice Tombs - one to the left and one to the right, both about 15 yards in a diagonal line from the melee pile.

On 10-man we assign one DPS to taking down tombs and everyone else leaves them alone (as in don't even autoswing) - having it assigned to a specific person means you shouldn't get too many surprises where tombs die before everyone's stacks are cleared etc.

We then assign a "left tank" and a "right tank". We start the phase with Sindy facing right as you look from the stairs and we drop the first tomb to the left. All the DPS, the left tank and two healers clear their stacks (it's important to do this even on the very first tomb). While clearing the stacks, one person will get the beacon so will run over to the spot for the right tomb.

Once his stacks are cleared, the left tank will run to her tail and taunt, causing her to turn 180 degrees. The right tank and remaining healer will then clear their stacks behind the right tomb. The right tank then taunts from her tail so she spins 180 degrees again to face to the right once more. Organising the taunts in this manner ensures that your tanks minimise the travel time to a tomb, which helps keep stacks low and also gives a clear visual indication to the healers of who is going to be taking damage from the next breath etc.

Of course, the healing pattern can often be disrupted by them being tombed or having Unchained so it's incredibly important to have Vent clear during phase 3 and for your healers to constantly communicate. This fight is often lost or won on the healers' ability to adapt to the situation quickly - if your right healer has unchained while the two left healers are clearing stacks, one must immediately come out and take over healing duty. Assign which of the left healers will come out if the right healer get Unchained before the pull so that you don't get both healers running out and not clearing their stacks or hesitating and leaving the tanks unhealed. Try to have a plan for every eventuality with the healers assigned in advance to reduce the amount of hesitation and uncertainty from these events happening.

Aside from healer co-ordination, the only other thing you should hear on Vent are the tanks counting down "3, 2, 1 taunt" each time they switch - this helps the healers to know when they will need to change targets but also lets the other tank know that he needn't use a cooldown for the next breath because he won't end up taking it, for example.

To hopefully make the flow of the fight a bit clearer, I'll put a general timeline of events below. I'll use RT for right tank, LT for left tank, and LH1, LH2 and RH for the healers. DPS will simply be listed as such as our strategy doesn't make a distinction between ranged and melee outside of Unchained.

1. Boss facing right, RT tanking.
2. First beacon assigned, gets dropped off in left spot.
3. LH1, LH2, LT and DPS clear stacks - RH calls on Vent if he needs LH1 to come heal due to Unchained or being the guy in the tomb.
4. Second beacon is assigned, gets dropped off in right spot.
5. LT runs to Sindy's tail and taunts, boss now facing left.
6. RT and RH now clear stacks behind right-hand tomb.
7. Third beacon is assigned, gets dropped off in left spot.
8. RT runs to Sindy's tail and taunts, boss now facing right.
9. IF boss_hp>0 GOTO 1, ELSE playAudioFile "Final Fantasy Victory Music.mp3" and /dance!

I've done this fight both with and without Frost Resist gear and I'd say my normal MT set with the Onyxia-25 ring has yielded the best results though ymmv.

Hope that all helps a bit - best of luck with the fight guys :D

PS. How sick are you of hearing her yell "tremble mortals as your pathetic magic betwaaaaaaaaaays yooou" over and over again? ;)

Crommi
06-09-2010, 04:19 AM
PS. How sick are you of hearing her yell "tremble mortals as your pathetic magic betwaaaaaaaaaays yooou" over and over again? ;)
Got sick of it the first time she shouted that, this fight takes the award for worst voice acting in this expansion, if not even within the whole game.

Thist
06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
4 healers trivializes it - get 3 solid main spec healers and have someone else use their offpsec. Our only caster went heals which caused 2 healers to get unchained instead of one healer and one caster, but he would have got it 100% as the only caster anyway so didn't really matter.

It is a very annoying fight and I was sort of sad that we one shot it with 4 healers.