PDA

View Full Version : Tanking 277 corpse tongue coin vs 245 juggy vitality. WARRIOR TANK.

gacktt
03-31-2010, 05:16 AM
As our health is scaling to the point that you are not getting 2 or even 3 shot by tougher bosses(except for HM 25 ones I guess), I can see that the 277 corpse tongue can prove to be useful even for non-ferals. Anyone have done math on this?

Martie
03-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Bad comparison, to be honest.

Your first trinket should be one of the 200+ stamina trinkets. The other one should be either another 200+ stamina trinket or an armor trinket (245, 251 or 264 all work.)

Math on it is silly - you are comparing apples with pears, since both trinkets affect such a different set of things. (Stamina determines how many hits you can take, and includes all forms of damage. Dodge determines your chance to be hit by melee attacks and some specials.) The armor proc from the coin sounds nice, but since it can be skipped and generally won't save your life, it's not all that good. (Most of the time you don't really need the armor, or the armor won't save you.)

gacktt
03-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Sindragosa 264 trinket never drops as well as 264 organ, and we have 277 coins available to us.

With the exception of the real 25-H hard hitters you will never be in danger of being a 2 shot or gibbed, so the 7000+ armor proc will cap me at 49500 armor after getting to 35%(22,000 health), so I can see some value in this.

Also if someone can do the math with 264 organ vs 277 corpse tongue itd be cool as well.

Martie
03-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Okay - two things you aren't considering.

First of all, you won't be at 22k health, you will be under 22k health.
Secondly, if a boss gets you that low, it's either a hard hitter or there's something dinky going on with your healers.

The scenario I see is this.
Get under 35% health - trinket procs. Then there are four possible scenarios. Scenario 1 - healers get you healed back up. Armor proc not needed. Scenario 2 - You take another swing that kills you. Armor proc not needed. Scenario 3 - You take another swing that wouldn't have killed you anyway, armor proc not needed. Scenario 4 - You are in the sweet spot where you can just take another swing without dying. You end with 1% health or so, and the armor saved you.
I think that scenario 4 is unlikely enough to disregard it.

Note that the 245 juggy will save you almost as many times as the coin's proc in scenario 4.

Again, you ask for math about something where math is more or less impossible to do. The organ and the coin do drastically different things, math on it would be either flawed or incomprehensible to most people.

Mend
03-31-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't have any of these trinkets but from what I can see:

Corpse tongue coin - Gives you a static 3.86% dodge chance, and a proc which gives you 5710 armor but will only activate when you are below 35% health.

Unidentifiable Organ - Gives you a static 1890 armor and a 60% chance to gain 24 stamina, stack up to 10 times. So that would be 2,400 health when it reaches 10 stacks and will last 10 seconds.

I would say the organ is better for fights that rely heavily on armor and stamina against hard hitting physical boss'.

Unger
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Sindragosa 264 trinket never drops as well as 264 organ, and we have 277 coins available to us.

With the exception of the real 25-H hard hitters you will never be in danger of being a 2 shot or gibbed, so the 7000+ armor proc will cap me at 49500 armor after getting to 35%(22,000 health), so I can see some value in this.

Also if someone can do the math with 264 organ vs 277 corpse tongue itd be cool as well.

I thought the armor cap was 45,000.... am I wrong?

krc
03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
I thought the armor cap was 45,000.... am I wrong?

45,000 armor is the armor cap for a level 80 attacker. When you have a boss attacker at level 83 the armor cap goes to 49,000.

MellvarTank
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Well, if you look at when it will proc then (if at 65k hp) it will proc when you are at (or under) 22.8k hp. How hard do the bosses in HM hit?

Just roughly crunching (11 armor = ~1 stam) the proc at 7k armor would give you roughly 6.4k hp (640 stam). The corroded skeleton key absorbs 6.4k damage (as I recall but can't check as my lousy work interwebz sucks) and gives you a static hp of over 2k. I would say that in this situation, the skeleton key has a better chance at saving you than the proc of the coin even at 277 ilvl.

I do not consider dodge in worst case scenario.

Bodasafa
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
I really don't see the coin as a viable option in any situation given the current content.

I use Satrina's (non-heroic) combined with the Key on fights where more stamina wins out.

I use the Organ (non-heroic) combined with the Key on fights where I am the MT taking more physical damage than magic damage.

I think the situation applies across the board to be honest. Armor/Stam or Armor/Armor (Armor meaning either version of the Organ or Glyph of Indom) for physical and Stam/Stam for magic.