PDA

View Full Version : Warrior UA already got nerfed? Still worth it?

Belak
03-31-2010, 04:11 AM
MMO-Champion is showing this blue post on the front page this morning:

Upcoming Revenge change
In the interest of avoiding the unflattering scent of stealth nerf, allow me to post that we are going to make that change (one Revenge per proc) I suggested above. (Source)

If we change Revenge to basically be one charge then the warrior can still pop the rogue or pet or whatever that triggers the block, dodge or parry, but they'd only get one hit instead of multiples. Such a change should not affect Protection at all.

Except last night when I ran a heroic with UA spec, my Revenge button would gray out as soon as I used it once. It would light up again a second or two later (depending on what I was fighting), but the performance was clearly different. I hadn't seen that post yet, though, so I didn't give it extensive testing as I wasn't sure if I was having client side issues or if it had actually been nerfed.

So it looks to me like this change already went live. Kind of funny if it did, given they listed it as an upcoming change.

So if this is the case, is UA still a viable tank spec? Seems to me like it's now relegated to only trash packs where you can guarantee Revenge will be lit up pretty much all the time. It's use on single target fights seems pretty limited now.

Thoughts?

Chozobo
03-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Are you sure revenge isn't lighting up for you because you're not dodging/parrying/blocking for that 1-2 second delay? Easy way to test it still works would be to fight some random mobs in Icecrown, it'll light up every second.

Satorri
03-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Assuming it works the way I am understanding, UA should still be functional for tanks, but not quite as comical as it was before the fix. You do have to proc it to use it again and you may not see multiple procs in the 1.5 sec GCD unless you are tanking several targets and/or are using Shield Block.

Still good, but not top the dps charts good. =)

Belak
03-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Chozobo, the way it was functioning with UA was that if you dodged/blocked/parried an attack, Revenge would be lit up (and stay lit up) for 5 seconds, no matter how many times you used it.

Now, Revenge lights up when you dodge/block/parry an attack, but when you use Revenge, it grays out until your next dodge/block/parry. So like Satorri said, it's probably still very good against trash packs (where you can guarantee you'll be attacked several times per second), but against single bosses or 1-2 mob packs with a normal swing timer, it isn't spammable like it was.

glath
03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
:-( :-( They should have renamed the talend "Relenting Assault". Tried the UA build out this morning and its really not any fun to play anymore, not for me. I only see about 50% more dps than DW build, and the mages and pally's were pulling off of me all the time.

Couldn't they at least have given us a 2-second window in which to revenge?

For me, this pretty much hangs up the spurs on the UA build. Well it was nice for the 2 days it lasted.

Dreadski
03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
:-( :-( They should have renamed the talend "Relenting Assault". Tried the UA build out this morning and its really not any fun to play anymore, not for me. I only see about 50% more dps than DW build, and the mages and pally's were pulling off of me all the time.

Couldn't they at least have given us a 2-second window in which to revenge?

For me, this pretty much hangs up the spurs on the UA build. Well it was nice for the 2 days it lasted.

lol'd

elting44
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree, it is still viable in some situations, but they took alot of wind out of it's sails with the nerf/change/fix.

Also, it seems like it is not working quite right, UA is supposed to proc once per B, D, or P, but it seem thats If I block, then use revenge, and then get hit again immediately after, Revenge does not light up if you get another block dodge or parry during its CD. Its seems the CD needs to be up before the next block, dodge, parry will light it up.

Wierd,

Either way it was fun while it lasted, I took plenty of screen captures of 12k DPS pulls. If I ever want to deal that damage while tanking I will have to reroll pally :P

JollyWarrior
03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
A sad day indeed :'(

It was fun for a week, but it seems the QQ from the pvp melee base won this round as they do every round =/

Khordam
04-01-2010, 02:01 AM
The fix to a broken ability has nothing to do with anyone crying about it. UA in its old from was very much broken and did a hell of a lot more than it should ever have done. Only up to the revenge buff, it wasn't so important. Frankly, if you didn't see this coming, you didn't want to see it.