PDA

View Full Version : Healers in 10man HC

Kloon
03-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Okay, next reset my guild is going to start on 10man Heroics, I researched the bosses however, i'm no expert on healers, and I would like to know how many healers you should use for each fight.

We are planning to do first 4, festergut/rotface and crimson hall as we have a lot of time to down them in.

Oh and, the healers I have is:
1 Holy Paladin
1 Holy/disc Priest (can switch)
1 Resto Druid

And just to let people know the rest of the setup the DPS is:
1 Survival Hunter
1 Balance Druid
1 Elemental Shaman
1 Demo/affliction warlock
1 Fury/arms warrior
1 Combat Rogue

Also, even though this is 6 dps i want to rotate some in for the best dps at fights that requires 2 healers.

Tanks are:
1 Blood Death Knight
1 Feral druid

Thanks in advance,
Kloon.

gacktt
03-30-2010, 02:28 AM
We usually 3 heal it with 2 priests and a druid, 2 for saurfang. We would 2 heal a lot more of the fights if we had an easymode paladin healer though, we could probably do it anyway but the output gap of a pally vs druid/priest is ridiculous.

Frazzle
03-30-2010, 10:01 AM
We 3 heal all of it I believe. We have a Holy (Disc OS) Priest, Pally and Druid.

Trexokor
03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
We use 2 for:

Lady Deathwhisper
Gunship Battle
Deathbringer Saurfang
Rotface
Professor Putricide

We use 3 for:

Lord Marrowgar
Festergut
Blood Prince Council
Blood Queen Lana'thel
Valithria Dreamwalker
Sindragosa

We used 2 for Festergut the first couple weeks but Malleable Goo RNG can kill the tank quickly at the wrong time if it's on the wrong healer. So we switched to 3 to eliminate that RNG. The same situation was for Marrowgar; we killed it with 2 the first time but agreed that due to RNG, it was safer to use 3 healers.

Blood Princes can be done with 2 solid tank healers, but our raid composition is usually Paladin, Druid, Druid healing so 3 is just a better choice. Blood Queen we haven't tried with 3 but honestly the healing it not much more than normal and normal is easily done with 2.

Valithria you'll find quite impossible with 2 healers at the current buff level unless you've got some damn amazing players. Even just the strain of the stack # required on the sole portal healer to get her healed up before you get overrun would slow down the best of healers inside the dream portal later on in the fight.

Sindragosa is another case of RNG. If you've got 2 healers and one gets Unchained, the other gets Ice Tombed, you're essentially screwed. Especially if Blistering Cold is coming soon.

I imagine we'll use 2 for Lich King when we attempt him soon, simply because of the DPS requirements. We have to learn the fight using 2 so we may as well do it now.