PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Blood tank-when is there to much stam

Nemo
03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I have been blood tanking for a while now, stacking stam all the way. I can almost hit 60k raid buffed. The healers don't seem to have a hard time healing me. Should I focus a little less on stam, and go for something else? Here is my toon..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&cn=Nemoz

TheYanger
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Glyph over Satrinas perhaps, and some of your gems are odd (The helm and the hit gem in the ring) but otherwise I see no issues. I personally gem stam hybrid gems in any socket bonus of 9 or more sta, but otherwise, no you can't have too much sta as long as you're not excluding other important stats, which looking at your gear you're not really. Some of the armor pieces (pants/bracers) would be an upgrade for you but otherwise it's decent.

Satorri
03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
It is nigh impossible to establish a health value that is *the* perfect value you don't have to go above.

Personal opinion: If I am at 60k health without giving up other values like socket bonuses, then I'm not worried with sacrificing everything for more health.

Nemo
03-30-2010, 08:54 AM
The helm and hit gem get me over hit cap thats why I have them. Also not sure what other bracers you would have me go for, they are 264. Plus I am working on the mats for the pants. As for socket bonuses, I feel the 9+ is made up in the pure stam gems. I am good on exp, if anything I can gem for def/dodge/parry, I just think the pure stam is better.

Leucifer
03-30-2010, 09:26 AM
I have been blood tanking for a while now, stacking stam all the way. I can almost hit 60k raid buffed. The healers don't seem to have a hard time healing me. Should I focus a little less on stam, and go for something else? Here is my toon..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&cn=Nemoz

Looked at what you have. Wish I had your problem.

If the healers are happy and having no problem keeping you up, then you have the first problem covered. Your expertise, well, you blew through the soft cap, so that's one spot where you have
some flexibility. Honestly, if you're not having problems with healers keeping you up, and you're
not having threat problems and issues with hit/expertise, you're doing well.

Only things I might change - enchant on glove to the +2% threat one. If you have threat issues, and the gem on the helm, switch it to a +10 str hybrid. Beyond that, maybe swapping out Satrina's trink.
Kinda shocked that you're not at hit cap, but with the expertise.... not really an issue is it? lol

You probably have room to experiment. Try swapping out a +30 stam gem for a str/stam hybrid. Just one at a time. Ask the healers how you felt to them. Don't go off just one's opinion.... but if you have a bunch that say "WTF?".... backtrack a tiny bit.

By the way, good seeing you here. I pugged Utgarde Keep with you one night. I recognize the name/server of your toon.

TheYanger
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
The helm and hit gem get me over hit cap thats why I have them. Also not sure what other bracers you would have me go for, they are 264. Plus I am working on the mats for the pants. As for socket bonuses, I feel the 9+ is made up in the pure stam gems. I am good on exp, if anything I can gem for def/dodge/parry, I just think the pure stam is better.
Gargoyle Spit Bracers from 10 man are better for general use than dark reckoning, but obviously the higher ilevel set is better for pure sta too if you ever need that (Learn to keep multiple sets of gear). Also, hit capping is not that important, hit is superior to expertise in almsot all situations as a DK, but you don't need hundreds of it either (Don't go by me either, I've got too much due to my current gear situation, but ideally I'd be shooting for 200+ to be fine for it).

Satorri
03-31-2010, 05:57 AM
That's something I've enjoyed about Hit/Expertise.

If you can sit near or just below the hit cap, and at least manage the Exp soft cap, you have the reliability that when you hit something it will land most of the time. I don't worry too much about getting more threat, but I love being able to put threat where I want it, when I want it, without having to announce, "whoops, missed, watch your threat for a sec."