PDA

View Full Version : Sindragosa Phase 3 woes

Raize
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM
My ten man ICC 10 group has been beating its heads against a wall for a couple of weeks now with Sindragosa. Normally our make up is something similar to :

Tanks : Pally, Warrior
Heals: Priest, Pally, Druid
DPS: Mage x2, Hunterx2, DK or Feral druid

Ever since the first night, we've been getting to Phase 3 basically every time with the whole raid alive. Yet, at least the times i've been there, have not succeeded getting her below 20% after about 3-4 nights of attempts.

I've read many suggestions and looked through plenty of answers but I guess I'm still a little clueless on how to deal with the mechanics best in Phase 3. Our DPS are usually all averaging 5-6k at that point but in transitioning between ice tombs, there doesn't seem to be much time spent on the boss as well as killing the tombs.

What i've observed is that when one tomb is up and she pulls the raid in, with people running back out, that tomb stays up for quite a while and then things start gradually going down hill, with multiple tombs etc.

Is it best practice to leave one tomb at low health until another has spawned to provide protection against her pulling all the raid in or is it better to get them down before another spawns?.

I've also seen some people say that her mystic buffet appears to eminate from her mid section. Is it possible to line of sight this by placing tombs to one side while in sight of her and continuing to dps or is this just a myth?

Any suggestions or useful techniques would be welcome.

Casper7526
03-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Sure I can breakdown phase 3 in normal pretty decently for ya.

#1 - Yes the pulse eminates from the middle of her hitbox, thats what you need to LOS.
#2 - In 10 man the mystic buffet really isnt a HUGE issue, just don't let it stack to something stupid like 10, getting 6-7 is completely 100% fine.
#3- Personally we just kill the icetombs, by the time you get behind it and kill it, you'll lose your stack.

Rotate which healer is staying out to heal the tank and you'll be fine.

Zarkos
03-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Phase 3 can be really tough, your healers need good communication to get a rotation going, making sure the tanks never stop getting heals. Sindragosa it's all about controlling the fight more than a dps race.

Now a few tips that might help you:

1.- The tanks should always try to reset their stacks of mystic buffet ASAP, once they have done that get back and taunt the boss, keeping always their stack low. Also they should use a CD every time they can to mitigate spikey damage from frost breath.
2.- About the cubes we only leave 2 melees breaking them, and the rest of the dps (3 ranged) stay on sindragosa. We find that it gives enough time for everyone to reset the stacks and the person inside the cube actually get heals from hots they get before the frost beacon freezes them, so they can last a long time inside there (not that it takes a lot of time to 2 people to break a 113k hp ice cube)
3.- If you look carefully, when the mystic buffet debuff has 1 second remaining, sindragosa will re-apply it and the count starts again at 7 seconds left. You can make your raid keep dpsing /healing until they have 3-2 seconds left and then quickly hide behind the cube, and then watch for the arcane explosion that reapplies the debuff (or watch the timer of your debuff) and then come out again, the stack will reset and you will only lost 2 seconds behind the cube.
4.- Make your casters be really careful with the unchained magic debuff combo with icy grip. Some casters can deal with the damage from instability explosions individually (if you are learning the fight I would just recommend all the casters with unchained magic to stop all casting though), but it can be devastating to have 1 of those explosions when people are running away after an icy grip, you healers will have to deviate their attention to the raid and the healing while running is very limited, this is when usually people start losing control of the fight, it's subtle yes, but this causes a tank dying, the frost beacon target dying, or someone else with a lot of mystic buffet stacks dying from the explosion.

Hope this helps

Frazzle
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
3.- If you look carefully, when the mystic buffet debuff has 1 second remaining, sindragosa will re-apply it and the count starts again at 7 seconds left. You can make your raid keep dpsing /healing until they have 3-2 seconds left and then quickly hide behind the cube, and then watch for the arcane explosion that reapplies the debuff (or watch the timer of your debuff) and then come out again, the stack will reset and you will only lost 2 seconds behind the cube.

Point 3 from Zarkos is a really important one for increasing raid dps if you understand how it works. Most boss timers (I know Bigwigs and DBM do) show you the cooldown of her Mystic Buffet cast. All you need to do to drop the debuff is be behind a block for that pulse from Sindragosa - with the timers availiable, you can ensure you stand behind the block just for the pulse, avoid it and then step out again before your debuff has fallen off. If your DPS can figure this out you can really increase your DPS time on the boss. Works for tanks as well, get behind the block, avoid the pulse and go straight back out there (infact I would say you have to understand this to get the Acheivment from her)

Also, for our 10 man we just have an enhance shammy on the ice tombs, leaving our other 2 melee DPS and 2 ranged DPS focusing on the boss. GL!

Raize
03-29-2010, 01:48 PM
With 1-2 people on the cubes you would almost certainly get another up before the next one spawn wouldn't you? Seems like thats what happens anyway. I have a feeling some of the issues are also with the healers not managing their debuffs correctly if they get chained etc.