PDA

View Full Version : Why they made the the Achievements seperate from Hardmodes?

Kahmal
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
This is something I'm trying to understand as it's starting to cause mild drama in my guild. Why did they make completly different achievements for the drakes? I mean in Ulduar the achievements were the hardmodes for those that had them, and the ones that didn't just had us do something that made the encounter more of a challenge.

Now they seperated them....sooo there's going to be issues on some bosses such as the Final Wing Bosses or those like Deathwhisper, where people a few people need their achievement, while others need loot.

Goes to show that Ulduar was just far better designed I guess.

Bitterst
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Until you're at the point of killing Heroic Putricide and Sindragosa, it doesn't really matter what "Hard Modes" people still need for their drakes, because you're still going to have time to go back for them once you're geared (and skilled) enough to clear the required Heroic Modes. The only exception to this is the Blood-Queen Lana'thel achievement which I personally think was an awkward addition and could be removed from the 25-player Glory of the Icecrown Raider meta-achievement like the Neck-Deep in Vile achievement was removed from the 10-player Glory of the Icecrown Raider. But in all actuality, any raid with the DPS and skills to kill the rest of the Heroic Modes required for drakes could go back and do Blood-Queen Lana'thel non-heroic one week and have the entire last round of 8 bites go to healers and tanks instead of DPS and still get a kill and a lot of people their missing part of the achievement.

Aside from that, in our guild at least, we did as many of the Hard Mode achievements as we could before we had access to the Heroic Modes, and now we're just focusing on all Heroic Modes for upgrades until we've killed Heroic Putricide and Sindragosa, at which point the following week we'll go back and reclear the Hard Modes for the people that still need them to finish the meta-achievement.

Eraser
03-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I'd say just set aside a week to do achievements only.

My guess at the reason for them doing this is to increase the longevity of the raid. Either that or keep top end guilds busy until they released hardmodes (there was like a 4 month waiting period).

gacktt
03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Well, most of them are pretty easy and if you are good enough to get 25m frostwryms they should have been done before arthas was available. 10man ones are easy as heck you could do them the week or 2nd week they came out long before hardmodes.

jhaze
03-29-2010, 02:20 AM
i don't think that in some hardmodes you can make things even harder in order to complete a meta achievement.
The things are good in the way they actually are.