PDA

View Full Version : Lich King Phase 1 - Horrors

Ricket
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi,
Long time reader, first time posting. I couldn't find any specifics on this, and before wiping for a couple hours tonight, I thought i'd try to get community opinion.

We are going to be attempting a lich king 10man kill tonight, and this is the first week without a hunter/rogue to de-enrage the horrors. we have a druid mt, and a dk ot... no real stunlockers there... Would it be a wise choice to have one of our dps (paladin/warrior) on the horrors, to stun them when they enrage, or is it a better tactic to burn the horrors down immediately with our setup?

Is it even feasible to get through the phase without any enrage removers and no warrior ot?

Thanks in advance.

mythras
03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
We killed him with a Druid MT and DK OT (so, same comp as you) and we never de-enraged the horrors (no hunter and our rogue was on LK the whole time in P1). You should have one healer on the OT and the DK should use his cooldowns when two horrors enrage at the same time. We had a resto schamy dispel the plague and heal the OT and it worked.

We had all dps on the Lich King and the our two unholy DKs got rid of the ghouls.

bling581
03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
We didn't have a way to de-enrage them for the longest time and it was never a problem. There were some close calls with having 2 up at once but the tank will need to use CD's to help with the damage. You should not be dpsing the Horrors at all and let the Necrotic Plague kill them.

Eraser
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
They only enrage for one or two hits before they de-enrage themselves.