PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Do you regularly swap trinkets?

The Hoof
03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll admit that this is an area where I'm probably both a bit lazy and uneducated. Typically I'll work to attain the highest ilevel tanking trinkets available and then just use those as OSBs as needed. However, I know of other tanks that seemly swap out trinkets on each and every fight to maximize their effectiveness. So I'm curious of the members here.

How often do you swap trinkets out?
How do you determine which trinket to use?
How many different trinkets do you keep in your pool?

Eravian
03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I normally run with the Heart of Iron (which I'll replace eventually with Corroded Skeleton Key) and the Glyph of Indomitability (again, which I'll hopefully replace with the Unidentifiable Organ eventually), and don't swap them all that often.

If it's going to be a magic intensive fight (LDW, etc), I'll swap out my Glyph for a Brewfest trinket for some extra stamina, or if it's a boss that I can afford a little more dps (Saurfang) I'll swap out one or two of them for dps trinkets.

Normally I carry Heart of Iron, Glyph of Indomitability, Onyxia Blood Talisman (almost never use it), Brewfest Trinket, Mirror of Truth, Darkmoon Card: Death, and the Stormpike Insignia: Rank 6 (just in case I'm in AV and need to port back to the base). I also occasionally have Lavanthor's Talisman with me, and have a bunch more in my bank (Coren's Lucky Coin, etc.).

Kavtor
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Sure.
Stamina trinkets for high magic damage fights.
Armour trinkets for physical fights.
Good clicky trinkets for fights with bust mitigation. (I don't use Key or Organ for Putricide)
And DPS trinkets for trash.

Bodasafa
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Check out this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?64802-Conclusions-about-Trinkets-Per-Boss-ICC-25-%28normal%29

The Hoof
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Check out this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?64802-Conclusions-about-Trinkets-Per-Boss-ICC-25-%28normal%29

Cool, thanks Boda, hadn't tripped across that. My guild really only does 10 mans, but I suspect the recommendations don't change much if at all.

Bodasafa
03-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Cool, thanks Boda, hadn't tripped across that. My guild really only does 10 mans, but I suspect the recommendations don't change much if at all.

I would consider the recommendations in that post accurate for the 10 player (normal) version as well.