PDA

View Full Version : Warrior (Arms) ilvl277 Bryntroll vs Shadows Edge

Hack
03-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Hiya..

Of the two weapons mentioned in the subject, which comes out better? I have been looking at it for the last hour or so and I honestly can't decide. the spreadsheet and rawr reckon than bryntroll (heroic) comes out being about 40-60dps better than shadow's edge but then if I did swap over I would be no longer soft capping ArP (and other stat balances would change).

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. I am not the best geared warrior at the moment, slowly making my way to getting various EoF items and upgrading via the 25mans as and when I can do, Armory link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Hack) if you want to have a look (I am not looking for gear criticism at the moment, I know there are problems, just trying to work out which axe is better).

Thank you for your time (yes, I have made a post like this on mmo-champ but am hoping more constructive replies from here :) )

Dragaan
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
My guess is the 277 bryntroll is better than shadow's edge for arms dps. It's about the same top-end damage, but 30dps higher overall. The only bad thing is you lose a decent chunk of armor pen.... You said you aren't looking for gear criticism, but I'll just say that you should be HARDcapping armor pen quite easily at this point, and that chunk of armor pen shouldn't really matter. Don't think there's much else to say.

On a side note...if you have both of those weapons already, you might wanna test out fury dps. :) Fury is pretty insane with some good weapons.

Stompya
03-26-2010, 02:15 PM
if heroic brynn toll is still 3.4 speed, then shadow's edge will probably outperform it.

Dragaan
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
The top-end is about the same tho, stompya. Heroic Bryn is 277 and Shadow's Edge is 264. If they were both the same item level, then yea shadow's edge would have a ton more top-end damage.

Destruyen
03-27-2010, 10:42 AM
h bryntoll is better than shadow's edge even with the loss of stats since it is very easy to hard cap arp with both specs. the added wep dmg and the assumed 15% proc chance makes it better.

Hack
03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the replies to this thread. I didn't end up getting the HC Bryntroll in the end (the trade timer ran out and the tank that got it for OS decided to keep hold of it). When it drops next time I'll do some working out with it, see how it shines (or fails) in comparison. I am a long way from getting ArP capped for the time being, still relying on Grim Toll to get the soft cap.. eventually though it'll be done and covered.. awaiting random drop chances on loot is a little frustrating :)

Thanks again