PDA

View Full Version : Lich King, Phase III

Unger
03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
It was an incredibly successful night last night. We consistently made phase III and I believe that we have found an effective way to handle the defiles and valks. I thank all of you for your advice and help on this as we use the site and your advice regularly.

Things we have to resolve going into Phase III.

1 – We have to resolve the Raging Spirits. This is mostly on the two tanks (of which, I am one). Our job is to keep people alive and pick up those adds as soon as possible. We have the dps. Its about the tanks executing now. The Raging Spirits spawn MUCH faster now.... so its tough to pick them up.

First thing we will do is have the MT take the first 2 Spirits. Both he and I will fight for agro, but he will ultimately end up with the first two and I will take the second two. We have to make sure people arent dying to this process. Any ideas on this would be helpful. FYI, if you havent run LK since the patch, they spawn faster....

2 – We have to make sure people survive the “harvest soul” ability. I propose a healer assignment to that person and a cooldown from healers. We know the ability is coming…. So lets be ready.
Holy Priest – Guardian Spirit
Holy Paly – HoS
Another Holy Paly – HoS
Back to Holy Priest

Shadow priests should respec to gain their silence ability as should any other class that does not have an interrupt/dispel available to them normally(correct?). There may even be engineering bombs that stun that may work. If you have advice on this, I would be very grateful!

3 – We have to be clean with Vile Spirits. I think the best thing to do is to have an spriest devo plague/SW:P one add and then Mind Sear until he has agro on all of them. Once he does, they will go to him and he can disperse. I don’t know if this is possible….

Once the raging spirit left from the conversion is down, I will be able to taunt 3-4 of them every time since my vigilance on the MT will refresh my taunt every second or so. That will help a lot as well as they hit me for about 10k and I would be fairly safe getting hit by 4-5 without using a personal cooldown.

This is the plan for tonight.... if anyone has any suggestions, please drop a post in here! Thanks again!!

Shortypop
03-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Any specifics on how much faster - and is it on P1.5 and P2.5 or just P2.5? And do you still get 3 in P1.5 and 4 in P2.5?

Unger
03-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes, every 20 seconds in P 1.5 and every 15 seconds in 2.5. But the issue is how fast they spawn before they go ACTIVE. It seems much harder to get them now before they peace a DPS than it was before

Dragaan
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
For the raging spirits:

Have whoever it is cast on run towards the melee till it spawns. Have melee dps hold off on cleave dps (and even dps in general) as a new one is about to spawn (call this out on vent or you will still probably end up with dead melee). Make sure rogues tricks them to the tank. Have a specified order for picking them up instead of you guys just fighting for aggro. I'd suggest popping heroism as the 3rd spirit spawns. The tricks/MDs aren't just to make sure no one gets gibbed right away. You want as much threat as possible so all dps can go balls out on them to blow em up asap.

For the vile spirits:

That's not how they work exactly. After the initial 30sec or so where they just float where they spawned, they focus on different people and chase them (attempting to blow up on them). They don't have a normal aggro table. The only way to direct them to somebody is to taunt them and have the spirit blow up on that person before the taunt wears off. For this reason, you can have the tank who is not currently tanking LK taunt them and blow them up away from the raid. That's just a help. The main way to deal with them is you have to kill them with aoe dps and have the raid dodge the ones that don't die to avoid getting blown up. When you get out of that 2nd transition phase, whoever is tanking lich king should stay at the very edge of the platform. He will cast harvest soul almost immediately, and will then go right into casting vile spirits. The vile spirits will spawn on the edge of the platform, then the LK tank should drag LK to the opposite side of the platform. Melee stays with LK and continues DPS (if the raging spirits are dead) and aoe dps stay near the vile spirits until they start chasing people (then they need to kite/dodge the spirits to avoid getting blown up). Then you repeat the process on the other side of the platform.

Ilya M
03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Sadly the way they spawn now there is no time for them to run to a tank. They spawn practically IMMEDIATELY when the person gets the debuff. Last week people had time to run and get to me, this week, not so much.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23767164439&sid=1

Discussion on the Bug Report Forum. No Blue response yet.

karmakill
03-27-2010, 04:37 AM
My group has been very succesfull on every part of the encounter now except phase 3, the harvest soul is absolutly no problem, neither is the interrupting/dispellin part in the frostmourne, the raging spirits go down very fast each goes down in the 15 secs almost of the spawn timer, when we get into p3 we have 2 adds up and 1 is almost dead, now the problem is the vile spirits are wiping us, i have read in several posts and also saw in the spell tooltip that they spawn and become active in 30 seconds, we tank lich at an edge and then after he spawns them we have the tank moving to the oposite side to increase their traveling distance, i have even made some fast calculations and with the dps we have, just me(warlock) and the shadow priest can nuke all of them down with no problem, hunter can just dps something else, but instead we had all ranged on them and trust me, we tried single target, we tried aoe, but those adds dont come down in 30 seconds by far, i have counted several tries and it was between 8 to 12 seconds, theres just no way getting those things killed before they come down, we tried single target and i do 10k steady dps on single target in 10 man but by the time i kill one and move to the 2nd, they already start comming down, is there something were missing here? i can 100% guarantee that for us those adds dont stay in the air for 30 seconds, i am confident that is a wrong information i have seen but eventually, should we single target them or aoe? pls help!
oh one more thing, i have seen a video from a guild TRG doing the 10man vile achiev and they have killed the last vile after 18 seconds and it did NOT choose a target.

Dragaan
03-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Sadly the way they spawn now there is no time for them to run to a tank. They spawn practically IMMEDIATELY when the person gets the debuff. Last week people had time to run and get to me, this week, not so much.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23767164439&sid=1

Discussion on the Bug Report Forum. No Blue response yet.

This just start happening this week? Last week it was the same as it has been since the start.

Bitterst
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
@ Karmakill

I'm not sure exactly what you 10 man composition is, but some things that can help a lot are Shadow Priests with Glyph of Mind Sear and a Death Knight talented into 3/3 Chilblains. The Death Knight can spread Frost Fever up to the Vile Spirits while the Lich King is spawning them and it will double the time you have to kill them each wave.

Ilya M
03-27-2010, 07:28 PM
@ Dragaan Yes just this week. there's finally a response in that bug thread... WAI :(

Bishoptwo
03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
It's not a bug it's in response to Heroic Lich King.

You had time to Soulstone someone that was getting ready to spawn a Raging Spirit and then they could go die in Remorseless Winter. This would cause the Raging Spirit NOT to spawn. This is/was a big deal, you could effectively remove 2/4 of the Ragin spirits in the last platform phase and bypass either having to do millions of damage or the trouble of offtanking 2 raging spirits in the last phase. The enrage is that tight so it makes a big difference.

Edit: Hopefully they will "fix" this meaning that they spawn immediately but take a second or two to activate.

Also your Shadow Priests can Heal and DPS they don't need the silence. Just DPS and Heal and they shouldnt have any trouble. If it's not channeling just DPS, when it starts to channel just spam heals on him.

But yeah the Vile Spirits blow up as soon as they come close to someone (it doesn't matter who their current target is, you could taunt one and if someone ran in between you and it came close to them it would blow up) it's anyone once they fly down from their initial spawn area. If you pull him to one side, spawn Vile spirits then the whole raid moves to the exact opposite of the circle, then you could soak them as they tried to fly to the other side of the platform.

marklar
04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
My group has been very succesfull on every part of the encounter now except phase 3, the harvest soul is absolutly no problem, neither is the interrupting/dispellin part in the frostmourne, the raging spirits go down very fast each goes down in the 15 secs almost of the spawn timer, when we get into p3 we have 2 adds up and 1 is almost dead, now the problem is the vile spirits are wiping us, i have read in several posts and also saw in the spell tooltip that they spawn and become active in 30 seconds, we tank lich at an edge and then after he spawns them we have the tank moving to the oposite side to increase their traveling distance, i have even made some fast calculations and with the dps we have, just me(warlock) and the shadow priest can nuke all of them down with no problem, hunter can just dps something else, but instead we had all ranged on them and trust me, we tried single target, we tried aoe, but those adds dont come down in 30 seconds by far, i have counted several tries and it was between 8 to 12 seconds, theres just no way getting those things killed before they come down, we tried single target and i do 10k steady dps on single target in 10 man but by the time i kill one and move to the 2nd, they already start comming down, is there something were missing here? i can 100% guarantee that for us those adds dont stay in the air for 30 seconds, i am confident that is a wrong information i have seen but eventually, should we single target them or aoe? pls help!
oh one more thing, i have seen a video from a guild TRG doing the 10man vile achiev and they have killed the last vile after 18 seconds and it did NOT choose a target.

we also could not kill the spirits in time, so we changed strategy to having dps ignore them. as OT, i vigilance-taunted as many as possible and the targeted people tried to kite them long enough to blow up harmlessly due to timeout. we got him down the first time we switched to this strat.