PDA

View Full Version : Add tanking Phase 1 - Lich King 25

Morgenstern
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I got this problem where i get oneshotted on tanking the Shambling Horrors in 25man.
In total I have about 60k health and about 72.5% dmg reduction raid buffed.
There's no immediate huge upgrades to my gear i can get and i'm using an ironshield potion when i get two of the Horrors together with cooldowns.
Hunters are ofcourse trying to get rid of the enrage as fast as possible and i ofcourse try stunning them but sometimes it's on cooldown or i'm busy taunting a ghoul.
Is there anything i'm missing?

my gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Morgenstern

thanks in advance, Morgen

gnumme
03-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Stun them when they r enraged and when there r 2 shambling.

Omok
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Don't use shockwave except when they enrage, that way it's never on cooldown. The ghouls are not that big of a deal, focus on the shambling horrors first.

Unger
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Agree with the other posters. There is a hunter macro out there that can be spammed to get a tranq off on them right away. I dont happen to know it, but Tranq wont let you shoot it unless the add is enraged. So even if there is two, they can spam the macro and get the tranq off. Your job is to stun the add so the hunter can get the tranq off in time.

Shockwave, warstomp, conc blow all work. You can also have the group use stuns as well. Warlocks often throw theirs my way to help out.

Finally remember not to stun while they are casting enrage. If you do, they cast it when they are no longer stunned. You have to stun them after the enrage goes off.

kaer
03-25-2010, 04:55 AM
and dont hesitate to use shield wall/last stand when 2 shambling horrors are up, U will not need those CD's for a long time (unless U are not changing tanks every soul reaper ;) )

Egrimal
03-26-2010, 03:42 AM
Just remember to mark them up. We've usually got 2 hunters on a raid and they dispel the shambling horrors depending on what mark has been put on one.

The ghouls don't do that much damage even to a clothie that can't be handled in Phase 1 anyway so worry more about the Shamblers first and handle the ghouls after :)